Topics

Anyone tried the 4.80-12 Radials?

Todd Swangstu

Strange, I just noticed not only do they make a 145-12 Radial tire they make a radial tire with the bias ply size rating at 4.80-12.

Has anyone tried these?  I prefer the LOOK of bias plys over common radials.  Do these 4.80R-12 radials LOOK like the 4.80 bias plys?  Same size ?  and how is the handling?

Anyone have pics of them on their car?  I would love to see how they look.

Thanks!
Todd

Joe Brownsberger

I will eventually need tires myself. Getting original oem is impossible both Armstrong and Goodyear have told me they do not make the tires anymore. Goodyear destroyed their mold several years ago. I have found on coker tires two different brands of 125x12. Would those tire fit? If I'm doing my math correct that would make it a 4.9x12 tire.

On Sun, Aug 5, 2018, 3:05 PM Todd Swangstu <bastardbus@...> wrote:
Strange, I just noticed not only do they make a 145-12 Radial tire they make a radial tire with the bias ply size rating at 4.80-12.

Has anyone tried these?  I prefer the LOOK of bias plys over common radials.  Do these 4.80R-12 radials LOOK like the 4.80 bias plys?  Same size ?  and how is the handling?

Anyone have pics of them on their car?  I would love to see how they look.

Thanks!
Todd

Ron Dole

I needed to replace the 50+ year old tires on my project car. On Amazon, I bought 5 - GT Radial Maxtour 145/80R12 tires at $22.20 each, with free prime shipping. It seams every time I go back and look at the tires, Amazon has a different price. They have gone from the $22.20 I paid all the way up to $50, and anywhere in between. Today they are at $27.98. They seem to change the price like the stock market. Anyway, since my car is still under restoration, I have not been able to try them out, but they look like a decent tire. Especially for the amount of miles they will probably see.  I wanted the car tire look, as opposed to the trailer tire look, and these fit the bill.

Joe Brownsberger

The tires I was talking about, I finally received the response I was waiting for. The tires on Coker tire they said they most likely will fit, the 125x12.

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018, 8:49 AM Ron Dole <rdole417@...> wrote:
I needed to replace the 50+ year old tires on my project car. On Amazon, I bought 5 - GT Radial Maxtour 145/80R12 tires at $22.20 each, with free prime shipping. It seams every time I go back and look at the tires, Amazon has a different price. They have gone from the $22.20 I paid all the way up to $50, and anywhere in between. Today they are at $27.98. They seem to change the price like the stock market. Anyway, since my car is still under restoration, I have not been able to try them out, but they look like a decent tire. Especially for the amount of miles they will probably see.  I wanted the car tire look, as opposed to the trailer tire look, and these fit the bill.

Jane Altman

The guy who bought my delivery truck put white Walls on and they look really nice.  I'll see if he will share thoughts