Topics

Annual Crosley meet

Terry Mundy

Hi All,

A brief introduction, I’m Terry Mundy from Independence, Missouri. My father, Aaron, was a longtime Crosley owner and club member.
Since his passing in 2010 I’ve left all of the Crosley parts he acquired over the years in his shop. The shop was repurposed last month so everything was transferred to another storage.
I’m finally ready to begin letting the parts go and am curious to learn if they are worth anything to anyone. Not so much in monetary value but maintaining other Crosleys. Lots of blocks, heads, carburetors, valves, shims, gauges, wheels, nuts and bolts for mostly 49-52’s.
He took his red Super Sport dubbed “The last Crosley out of the factory” and green ‘51 2 door coup to the show each year.
I would like to bring the parts out or list on this forum for others to get use out of them.
Any info to help me form a plan is welcome.

Thanks,

Terry Mundy

crosleyshortsport

Terry,   I knew your Mom and Dad quite well. A true westen gentleman. Aaron sold me his '52 pick-up. He asked me for several years to purchase it. At the national meet the year before he passed, we sat inside, on a bench, and he explained that he really wanted me to have the pick-up. He gave me a price, and I said it was not enough. He said, I know You will take good care of it, I said, OK, however, I explained that he must accept an additional 500 bucks, and drive 366 the wrong way the next morning. He extended is large hand and we made the deal ! I thoroughly enjoy that pick-up !  Terry, certainly up to you, I will tell you, as chairman of the national meet, we can absolutely make good use of those parts at the national meet. The silent auction, not only gets the parts to folks that need them, it helps greatly to fund the meet and the youth projects. I will extend this personal invitation to you to join us at the Big 50 year celebration, 2019 national meet. If you decide you can not attend, I will find someone to pick up anything you might donate.
           Sincerely,
     Jeffrey Ackerman

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019, 10:32 AM Terry Mundy <terrymundy@...> wrote:
[...]

Spock Arnold

Terry;
       First of all your father may be gone, but among us Crosley people, he is not forgotten.   I remember several conversations with him at Nationals.  There are several things you could do.  This year is the 50th anniversary of the Club and the National show should prove to be a big one.  As such you could pack everything up and bring it to The show and set up a flea market space to sell it.  You could also donate it to the club for funding of the youth project and we would sell it in our annual silent auction at Nationals.  You could offer it up as a lot to a collector or one of the parts vendors.  Or you could catalogue it and offer it piece by piece on the club site.  Finally and most troublesome there us always Ebay.
       Let us know how we can help you
   Dave Anspach

crosleyshortsport

Here is a nice photo of your folks.

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019, 11:17 AM Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Terry;
       First of all your father may be gone, but among us Crosley people, he is not forgotten.   I remember several conversations with him at Nationals.  There are several things you could do.  This year is the 50th anniversary of the Club and the National show should prove to be a big one.  As such you could pack everything up and bring it to The show and set up a flea market space to sell it.  You could also donate it to the club for funding of the youth project and we would sell it in our annual silent auction at Nationals.  You could offer it up as a lot to a collector or one of the parts vendors.  Or you could catalogue it and offer it piece by piece on the club site.  Finally and most troublesome there us always Ebay.
       Let us know how we can help you
   Dave Anspach

dale@servicemotors.net

Do you have a contact number??

On Apr 15, 2019, at 5:30 AM, Terry Mundy <@tmundy> wrote:

[...]

WOW!  WOW! WOW!

My father must have made an impression for you all to remember so many years later.  I’m glad to have went to the Nationals with him in 1997 to meet his friends.  You all are a great bunch.  😊

I remember helping him with several loads after he bought the dealership parts in 1972 in Kansas City, Kansas.  I know there are lots of nice parts that can be put to use.  No longer staying in storage.  They were purchased for the reason to keep them out of a landfill.  If I didn’t do everything I can to see his ambition through it would be a dishonor to him.

Perhaps I can try to attend this year’s 50th National and rub elbows with everyone and share stories.  Maybe even try to drag my brother along and bring the last two surviving Crosleys.  The ’51 coupe and ’52 Super Sport.  A collector that has the ability to warehouse the parts and some other that need the parts would be more than enough reason to make the drive.  Last thing I’d ever do is try to catalog and sell them on eBay.  My dad taught me quite a lot but I’d hate to pass off a part that is mislabeled.

What are this year’s dates and who do I need to contact for information and hotel reservations, etc??

Looking forward with great anticipation to seeing everyone again!

P.S. thanks for the photo, Dave.

Terry Mundy

Independence, Missouri

       First of all your father may be gone, but among us Crosley people, he is not forgotten.   I remember several conversations with him at Nationals.  There are several things you could do.  This year is the 50th anniversary of the Club and the National show should prove to be a big one.  As such you could pack everything up and bring it to The show and set up a flea market space to sell it.  You could also donate it to the club for funding of the youth project and we would sell it in our annual silent auction at Nationals.  You could offer it up as a lot to a collector or one of the parts vendors.  Or you could catalogue it and offer it piece by piece on the club site.  Finally and most troublesome there us always Ebay.

       Let us know how we can help you

   Dave Anspach

Attachments:

crosleyshortsport

Here is the pre-registration form Terry. You can also look on crosleyautoclub.com and download the form AND the full schedule. Book a hotel early, this is going to be a very well attended nationsl meet. Several years ago we added the memorial picnic to the events. It is the final meal we share, outdoors, picnic style. We like to take the time to share stories of the members that have passed. You would be welcome to share your stories.

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019, 12:19 AM Terry Mundy <terrymundy@...> wrote:

[...]

fred@...

Terry, whatever happened to that Super Sports_  Very late serial number, but not on my roster listing (I think I remember 0388 or something like that.