Topics

Almquist sabre built on Crosley

TomK

I am starting my restoration project of a 1956 Almquist Sabre. Built on a Crosley.
I have the frame, Front and rear suspension and steering box. That's about it.
Everything else will need to be fabricated (floor, internal panel structure etc.)

Is is disassemble and in a pile....  So the process begins.

My options are to keep it fairly "Crosley"   Right now I am looking for a good source for suspension parts.
Run gear will be either a Crosley or a Ford V8/60.  The V860 was a popular choice back in the day I guess.

Looking for help sourcing parts and will have many questions along the way.
Thank you!

Tom Kubiniec

Learn more about the Sabre: https://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=11478

Spock Arnold

What  a great project.   Sabre specific parts will be difficult, but all the Crosley parts can be gotten from our parts vendors.  Ted at Yankee used to have one and will be helpful, Service Motors has a real deep inventory, and Dave Edwards is like family to deal with, and a great guy.  Club members will be helpful with questions.   And bring it to Wauseon !!   We'd love to see it in person.   I'll personally help to push it on to the show field!!!
            Dave Anspach

crosleyshortsport

I know how incredible that car will be when done! Went to the California meet this year and this was on the showfield!

On Jan 12, 2018 7:12 AM, "Spock Arnold via Groups.Io" <tmkldwwj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
What  a great project.   Sabre specific parts will be difficult, but all the Crosley parts can be gotten from our parts vendors.  Ted at Yankee used to have one and will be helpful, Service Motors has a real deep inventory, and Dave Edwards is like family to deal with, and a great guy.  Club members will be helpful with questions.   And bring it to Wauseon !!   We'd love to see it in person.   I'll personally help to push it on to the show field!!!
            Dave Anspach

TomK

Thanks to all for the info, comments and support.

This to me looks like a daunting project....   Just got to get the sleeves rolled and and start.

The project has to fit in with, work, kids, dogs, wife etc. and all that goes with it.  It will take some time but I will complete.

I will post updates when prudent!

Thanks again to all!