Topics

After market seatbelts

Tom Sodaro

Hello all, So I am still working on by Brawny Bug and have a problem. I am adding a roll bar for safety, but it will be removable so it can look stock when I want it to. For example when I go to a local show. I also want to add shoulder and lap belts. The problem is that the ones I am finding work together and can't be used apart. So when the roll bar is off I have no belt at all. I want to still have a lap belt when the roll bar is off. Anyone know of a after market belt that can be used with just the lap band when the shoulder bar not attached? Thanks Tom S

L.E. Hardee

You can always do what GM did in the late 60's and early 70's.  Have two buckles and two separate belts, one for lap and the other for the shoulder.  Remember the clip on the ceiling of your old Chevelle to store the shoulder belts that nobody used?

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 11:04 AM, Tom Sodaro <tomteach2@...> wrote:

Hello all, So I am still working on by Brawny Bug and have a problem. I am adding a roll bar for safety, but it will be removable so it can look stock when I want it to. For example when I go to a local show. I also want to add shoulder and lap belts. The problem is that the ones I am finding work together and can't be used apart. So when the roll bar is off I have no belt at all. I want to still have a lap belt when the roll bar is off. Anyone know of a after market belt that can be used with just the lap band when the shoulder bar not attached? Thanks Tom S

Richard Helm

Tom – Not sure if this is what you’re looking for but I bought plain black lap belts from JC Whitney a few years ago. They have no spot for a connection to shoulder belts but could possibly be used independently if you also add shoulder belts. The lap belts tuck neatly under the front seats if you don’t want them visible during a show.

Rich Helm

Tim Hamblen

You would likely have to go to a racing harness. Most are 5 point (2 shoulder, two laps and a submarine) but will work in any combo.