Brake line question

Don Pitchford

I am working on the brakes on my 51 Hot Shot. It has hydraulic drum brakes. The rubber brake line on the passenger side front is collapsed. I ordered a new one from Service Motors. How do I get the old one out of the frame? It's disconnected from the wheel cylinder and steel brake line but I can't get it out of the hole in the frame. I don't want to go beating on it if there's a keeper that I'm overlooking. Will this be obvious when I have the new one in hand? I looked for info on Youtube and the Crosley Automobile website but didn't find anything about it.
Thanks,
Don Pitchford

crosleyshortsport

You should see a "squaure" U shaped keeper holding it. It should have a slightly bent lip on the top side.

On Fri, Aug 6, 2021, 11:39 AM Don Pitchford via groups.io <w9ebk=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I am working on the brakes on my 51 Hot Shot. It has hydraulic drum brakes. The rubber brake line on the passenger side front is collapsed. I ordered a new one from Service Motors. How do I get the old one out of the frame? It's disconnected from the wheel cylinder and steel brake line but I can't get it out of the hole in the frame. I don't want to go beating on it if there's a keeper that I'm overlooking. Will this be obvious when I have the new one in hand? I looked for info on Youtube and the Crosley Automobile website but didn't find anything about it.
Thanks,
Don Pitchford

Gabriel Haddad

I believe there is a snap ring on inside of the frame.

On Fri, Aug 6, 2021, 11:39 AM Don Pitchford via groups.io <w9ebk=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I am working on the brakes on my 51 Hot Shot. It has hydraulic drum brakes. The rubber brake line on the passenger side front is collapsed. I ordered a new one from Service Motors. How do I get the old one out of the frame? It's disconnected from the wheel cylinder and steel brake line but I can't get it out of the hole in the frame. I don't want to go beating on it if there's a keeper that I'm overlooking. Will this be obvious when I have the new one in hand? I looked for info on Youtube and the Crosley Automobile website but didn't find anything about it.
Thanks,
Don Pitchford

Jim Liberty

Don. my '50 Hotshot has disc brakes, but the lines are the same. There should be a keeper inside the "C" frame. On the left side is a bracket for an oil filter. It is a bear to get a tool in there. ............Jim.