Crosley

Richard Ranch

Hello- Is this cute little car a Crosley? What year?

Kenn Cahill

Yes.
1939-1942.

Jim Liberty

The first was in 1939. This is an early one.    ......Jim.

On Sun, Jul 11, 2021 at 1:56 PM Richard Ranch via groups.io <richardranch=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello- Is this cute little car a Crosley? What year?

Attachments:

Gabriel Haddad

Those years are called pre-wars. That is a very nice example.

On Sun, Jul 11, 2021, 6:34 PM Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:
The first was in 1939. This is an early one.    ......Jim.

On Sun, Jul 11, 2021 at 1:56 PM Richard Ranch via groups.io <richardranch=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello- Is this cute little car a Crosley? What year?

Attachments:

Jim Liberty

Thanks Gabe. I need to be careful, as I am new to these cars.    ....Jim.

On Sun, Jul 11, 2021 at 3:39 PM Gabriel Haddad <super51.g100@...> wrote:
Those years are called pre-wars. That is a very nice example.

On Sun, Jul 11, 2021, 6:34 PM Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:
The first was in 1939. This is an early one.    ......Jim.

On Sun, Jul 11, 2021 at 1:56 PM Richard Ranch via groups.io <richardranch=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello- Is this cute little car a Crosley? What year?

Attachments:

Richard Ranch

Thank you!

On Jul 11, 2021, at 3:49 PM, Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:

Thanks Gabe. I need to be careful, as I am new to these cars.    ....Jim.

On Sun, Jul 11, 2021 at 3:39 PM Gabriel Haddad <super51.g100@...> wrote:
Those years are called pre-wars. That is a very nice example.

On Sun, Jul 11, 2021, 6:34 PM Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:
The first was in 1939. This is an early one.    ......Jim.

On Sun, Jul 11, 2021 at 1:56 PM Richard Ranch via groups.io <richardranch=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello- Is this cute little car a Crosley? What year?

Attachments:

Jim Bollman

Because of the front fender braces it is probable a 1941-42. The top of the doors have been cut off, this was a common modification.

Jim...

On Jul 11, 2021, at 6:33 PM, Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:

The first was in 1939. This is an early one.    ......Jim.

On Sun, Jul 11, 2021 at 1:56 PM Richard Ranch via groups.io <richardranch=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello- Is this cute little car a Crosley? What year?

Attachments:

Robert Kirk

The rear over riders also indicate not a 39.

Richard Ranch

Thank you Jim, the lack of upper door frame is what fooled me.

On Jul 11, 2021, at 5:06 PM, Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:

Because of the front fender braces it is probable a 1941-42. The top of the doors have been cut off, this was a common modification.

Jim...

On Jul 11, 2021, at 6:33 PM, Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:

The first was in 1939. This is an early one.    ......Jim.

On Sun, Jul 11, 2021 at 1:56 PM Richard Ranch via groups.io <richardranch=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello- Is this cute little car a Crosley? What year?

Attachments:

Jim Bollman

One other item that gives a hint to 1942 is the painted hubcaps but that could have been a cost thing when restoring. As WW-2 rationing started they did a way with chrome. Many things can be mixed up in a restoration.

Jim...