Carburetor

Thomas Harvey

Hi,
My name is Tom Harvey and I just joined the club a couple of weeks ago.   I recently purchased a 1948 Crosley pick up or wagon that has been turned into a fire truck.  Need lots of parts and info on the Crosley's.  Have done a lot of research an the web and they seem to be a heck of a automobile.  Does anyone know where I can purchase a Tillotson carburetor or something else that I can use?

Sam Perley

Hey Tom,

Glad to see you back in the gang! If you call Dave Edwards, he probably has one you can use. You can also find rebuild kits at Service Crosley Motors here:

866-449-0029

Hope this helps!

On Fri, Jun 11, 2021, 21:57 Thomas Harvey via groups.io <allclearth=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi,
My name is Tom Harvey and I just joined the club a couple of weeks ago.   I recently purchased a 1948 Crosley pick up or wagon that has been turned into a fire truck.  Need lots of parts and info on the Crosley's.  Have done a lot of research an the web and they seem to be a heck of a automobile.  Does anyone know where I can purchase a Tillotson carburetor or something else that I can use?

Spock Arnold

Yankee, Service, and maybe Dave Edwards sell rebuilds. With Wauseon a few weeks away you will find some there.

On Friday, June 11, 2021, 09:57:29 PM EDT, Thomas Harvey via groups.io <allclearth@...> wrote:

Hi,
My name is Tom Harvey and I just joined the club a couple of weeks ago.   I recently purchased a 1948 Crosley pick up or wagon that has been turned into a fire truck.  Need lots of parts and info on the Crosley's.  Have done a lot of research an the web and they seem to be a heck of a automobile.  Does anyone know where I can purchase a Tillotson carburetor or something else that I can use?

Thomas Harvey

Thanks

Glad to see you back in the gang! If you call Dave Edwards, he probably has one you can use. You can also find rebuild kits at Service Crosley Motors here:

866-449-0029

Hope this helps!

On Fri, Jun 11, 2021, 21:57 Thomas Harvey via groups.io <allclearth=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi,
My name is Tom Harvey and I just joined the club a couple of weeks ago.   I recently purchased a 1948 Crosley pick up or wagon that has been turned into a fire truck.  Need lots of parts and info on the Crosley's.  Have done a lot of research an the web and they seem to be a heck of a automobile.  Does anyone know where I can purchase a Tillotson carburetor or something else that I can use?

Ron D.

Thomas,
   One thing to think about. Since the nationals are only a little over 3 weeks away, the big parts sellers are busy packing up for the show, and PROBABLY wouldn't ship any parts out until after the show anyway. If you are planning on going to the show, you could order a carb and have them bring it to the show for you. This way you have one for sure. A lot of good parts do get bought up quickly at the show.

Thomas Harvey

I checked the vendors listed and no one had one.

   One thing to think about. Since the nationals are only a little over 3 weeks away, the big parts sellers are busy packing up for the show, and PROBABLY wouldn't ship any parts out until after the show anyway. If you are planning on going to the show, you could order a carb and have them bring it to the show for you. This way you have one for sure. A lot of good parts do get bought up quickly at the show.

Jim Bollman

Contact the vendors, they don’t list all the things they have specially in small quantities. Are you looking for a used one that you can use or rebuild or a rebuilt one? I believe Service Motors offers rebuilt ones, Dave Edwards probably has a used one that may need rebuilding. I believe Barry Seel, also on the vendor list, rebuilds both Tillotson and Carters.

On Jun 12, 2021, at 5:27 PM, Thomas Harvey via groups.io <allclearth@...> wrote:

I checked the vendors listed and no one had one.

   One thing to think about. Since the nationals are only a little over 3 weeks away, the big parts sellers are busy packing up for the show, and PROBABLY wouldn't ship any parts out until after the show anyway. If you are planning on going to the show, you could order a carb and have them bring it to the show for you. This way you have one for sure. A lot of good parts do get bought up quickly at the show.

Kenneth Cahill

You should contact the vendors. All of them list Products on a list. However all of them do not list all of the parts that they have.

dale@servicemotors.net

Send me yours and i will rebuild it.
Dale
Service Motors.

On Jun 12, 2021, at 2:37 PM, Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:

Contact the vendors, they don’t list all the things they have specially in small quantities. Are you looking for a used one that you can use or rebuild or a rebuilt one? I believe Service Motors offers rebuilt ones, Dave Edwards probably has a used one that may need rebuilding. I believe Barry Seel, also on the vendor list, rebuilds both Tillotson and Carters.
http://crosleyautoclub.com/PartsSuppliers.html

Jim…

On Jun 12, 2021, at 5:27 PM, Thomas Harvey via groups.io <allclearth@...> wrote:

I checked the vendors listed and no one had one.

   One thing to think about. Since the nationals are only a little over 3 weeks away, the big parts sellers are busy packing up for the show, and PROBABLY wouldn't ship any parts out until after the show anyway. If you are planning on going to the show, you could order a carb and have them bring it to the show for you. This way you have one for sure. A lot of good parts do get bought up quickly at the show.

Thomas Harvey

Ok Thanks

You should contact the vendors. All of them list Products on a list. However all of them do not list all of the parts that they have.

Ron D.

I brought my carb to the show in 2019, and exchanged it for a fully rebuilt one from Barry Seel. Catch him early, as they they sell fast.