VC Turn Signal Indicator light

srwils

I'm working on the wiring of my 1952 VC and ran into a question on the turn signal indicator light. The wiring diagram shows a turn signal indicator light. I also have a copy of an old Motors manual that talks about a turn indicator light left of the steering column. I looked at all the pictures I can find on the Crosley sites and found no VC's  with a indicator light left of the steering column.

Did a 1952 VC have a turn indicator light? Where is it located? Color of light?

Thanks for any info.
Scot

crosleyshortsport

My 52 Super Sport has a green glass indicator light at the far upper left of the dash board.

On Sat, May 29, 2021, 8:24 PM srwils via groups.io <srwils=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm working on the wiring of my 1952 VC and ran into a question on the turn signal indicator light. The wiring diagram shows a turn signal indicator light. I also have a copy of an old Motors manual that talks about a turn indicator light left of the steering column. I looked at all the pictures I can find on the Crosley sites and found no VC's  with a indicator light left of the steering column.

Did a 1952 VC have a turn indicator light? Where is it located? Color of light?

Thanks for any info.
Scot

srwils

I also have a green dome light in the upper left dash, but I thought that was for the high beam indicator?

Scot

On Saturday, May 29, 2021, 10:33:43 PM EDT, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

My 52 Super Sport has a green glass indicator light at the far upper left of the dash board.

On Sat, May 29, 2021, 8:24 PM srwils via groups.io <srwils=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm working on the wiring of my 1952 VC and ran into a question on the turn signal indicator light. The wiring diagram shows a turn signal indicator light. I also have a copy of an old Motors manual that talks about a turn indicator light left of the steering column. I looked at all the pictures I can find on the Crosley sites and found no VC's  with a indicator light left of the steering column.

Did a 1952 VC have a turn indicator light? Where is it located? Color of light?

Thanks for any info.
Scot

Gabriel Haddad

Scott, this is the location of the turn signal indicator.

On Sun, May 30, 2021, 11:52 AM srwils via groups.io <srwils=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Spock Arnold

I've seen them set up a couple ways.  In the later speedometers there is also a red plastic lens with a place for a light.  Some are set up for that as the turn signal and the other as high beam and in others I have seen it set up the other way.  Honestly, I am not sure which is right.

On Sunday, May 30, 2021, 11:52:37 AM EDT, srwils via groups.io <srwils@...> wrote:

[...]

Jeffrey Gladden

Scot,  You are welcome to come see mine first hand!

On May 30, 2021, at 12:15 PM, Spock Arnold via groups.io <tmkldwwj@...> wrote:

[...]

Jim Bollman

The SS I had back in 80s had the green jewel light for turn signal also. Not completely relevant but the FarmOroad also uses a green jewel light for signal lights.

Jim...

fred@...

The light to the left and high of the gauge cluster is the turn signal indicator. The high beam light is at the very top of the speedometer - unless someone has replaced the speedo with an earlier CC one.

Rapkathy@...

I would be interested in purchasing a green jewel light for a FarmORoad if anyone has one available.
Denny.    440 667 8131

Jim Liberty

I know I'm cheating. but I used a small LED that I found at my local auto store. They come in several colors.            ..................Jim.

On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 6:08 AM Rapkathy via groups.io <Rapkathy=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I would be interested in purchasing a green jewel light for a FarmORoad if anyone has one available.
Denny.    440 667 8131

Jim Bollman

Last time I need one of these jewel indicators I discovered many pieces of electronics form the 40s and 50s used the same style indicator light in a variety of colors. A friend that had a stash of such stuff. Left me sort through it and I found one green one the right size. Not sure where I would look for such an indicator other than a Hamfest type flea market but they may be available online from a place that specializes in vintage electronics.