VC Turn Signal Indicator light

srwils

I'm working on the wiring of my 1952 VC and ran into a question on the turn signal indicator light. The wiring diagram shows a turn signal indicator light. I also have a copy of an old Motors manual that talks about a turn indicator light left of the steering column. I looked at all the pictures I can find on the Crosley sites and found no VC's  with a indicator light left of the steering column.

Did a 1952 VC have a turn indicator light? Where is it located? Color of light?

Thanks for any info.
Scot

crosleyshortsport

My 52 Super Sport has a green glass indicator light at the far upper left of the dash board.

On Sat, May 29, 2021, 8:24 PM srwils via groups.io <srwils=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm working on the wiring of my 1952 VC and ran into a question on the turn signal indicator light. The wiring diagram shows a turn signal indicator light. I also have a copy of an old Motors manual that talks about a turn indicator light left of the steering column. I looked at all the pictures I can find on the Crosley sites and found no VC's  with a indicator light left of the steering column.

Thanks for any info.
Scot

srwils

I also have a green dome light in the upper left dash, but I thought that was for the high beam indicator?

Scot

On Saturday, May 29, 2021, 10:33:43 PM EDT, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

My 52 Super Sport has a green glass indicator light at the far upper left of the dash board.

On Sat, May 29, 2021, 8:24 PM srwils via groups.io <srwils=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Thanks for any info.
Scot

Gabriel Haddad

Scott, this is the location of the turn signal indicator. 

On Sun, May 30, 2021, 11:52 AM srwils via groups.io <srwils=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I also have a green dome light in the upper left dash, but I thought that was for the high beam indicator?

Scot

On Saturday, May 29, 2021, 10:33:43 PM EDT, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

Thanks for any info.
Scot

Spock Arnold

I've seen them set up a couple ways.  In the later speedometers there is also a red plastic lens with a place for a light.  Some are set up for that as the turn signal and the other as high beam and in others I have seen it set up the other way.  Honestly, I am not sure which is right.

On Sunday, May 30, 2021, 11:52:37 AM EDT, srwils via groups.io <srwils@...> wrote:

Scot

Thanks for any info.
Scot

Jeffrey Gladden

Scot,  You are welcome to come see mine first hand!

On May 30, 2021, at 12:15 PM, Spock Arnold via groups.io <tmkldwwj@...> wrote:

I've seen them set up a couple ways.  In the later speedometers there is also a red plastic lens with a place for a light.  Some are set up for that as the turn signal and the other as high beam and in others I have seen it set up the other way.  Honestly, I am not sure which is right.

On Sunday, May 30, 2021, 11:52:37 AM EDT, srwils via groups.io <srwils@...> wrote:

Scot

Thanks for any info.
Scot

Jim Bollman

The SS I had back in 80s had the green jewel light for turn signal also. Not completely relevant but the FarmOroad also uses a green jewel light for signal lights.

Jim...

fred@...

The light to the left and high of the gauge cluster is the turn signal indicator. The high beam light is at the very top of the speedometer - unless someone has replaced the speedo with an earlier CC one.  

Rapkathy@...

I would be interested in purchasing a green jewel light for a FarmORoad if anyone has one available.
Denny.    440 667 8131

Jim Liberty

I know I'm cheating. but I used a small LED that I found at my local auto store. They come in several colors.            ..................Jim.

On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 6:08 AM Rapkathy via groups.io <Rapkathy=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I would be interested in purchasing a green jewel light for a FarmORoad if anyone has one available.
Denny.    440 667 8131

Jim Bollman

Last time I need one of these jewel indicators I discovered many pieces of electronics form the 40s and 50s used the same style indicator light in a variety of colors. A friend that had a stash of such stuff. Left me sort through it and I found one green one the right size. Not sure where I would look for such an indicator other than a Hamfest type flea market but they may be available online from a place that specializes in vintage electronics.