1947 Pickup

Jim Liberty

Have any of you replaced your radiator. If so brand and model if you have it. ........................Jim.

Brett Wright

Jim,
One option is to have your original radiator re-cored. You really don’t notice  the difference unless you are a  radiator guru. The cost is not low though. $300 or more. The cooling Can be 150% or more improved.

Brett Wright

On Mar 21, 2021, at 8:30 PM, Jim Liberty via groups.io <jimliberty356@...> wrote:

Have any of you replaced your radiator. If so brand and model if you have it. ........................Jim.

Dennis Terdy

Jim,

I have had 2 recored, and they work perfectly. (Not cheap - like Brett said.) One shop claimed the "soldering was bad at the top" and wanted nothing to do with it. I just went to another vendor, and it's been two years without a problem and a cool running '47 coupe.

Dennis

--
Dennis Terdy

Jim Liberty

Thanks Brett. If I have trouble, I'll take your route.    .......Jim.

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 2:46 PM Brett Wright <bwright@...> wrote:
Jim,
One option is to have your original radiator re-cored. You really don’t notice  the difference unless you are a  radiator guru. The cost is not low though. $300 or more. The cooling Can be 150% or more improved.

Brett Wright

On Mar 21, 2021, at 8:30 PM, Jim Liberty via groups.io <jimliberty356=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Have any of you replaced your radiator. If so brand and model if you have it. ........................Jim.

James Dlapa

Hi Jim, I know you have been around a awhile, but Harbor Radiator does a nice job. They are in Costa Mesa off Harbor. I typically don’t have them paint them, as the gloss is a bit too much, so do that myself. But should be closes to you.

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 4:57 PM Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:
Thanks Brett. If I have trouble, I'll take your route.    .......Jim.

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 2:46 PM Brett Wright <bwright@...> wrote:
Jim,
One option is to have your original radiator re-cored. You really don’t notice  the difference unless you are a  radiator guru. The cost is not low though. $300 or more. The cooling Can be 150% or more improved.

Brett Wright

On Mar 21, 2021, at 8:30 PM, Jim Liberty via groups.io <jimliberty356=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Have any of you replaced your radiator. If so brand and model if you have it. ........................Jim.

Jim Liberty

Thanks James, being a vintage Porsche guy, I'm not a water guy. Took the radiator there today, and the "Gentleman" there, said, the radiator was recently re-cord. It is only a mile or so from my shop, and now my mind is a rest.  Great heads up.     ........Jim.

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 5:04 PM James Dlapa <crosley1980@...> wrote:

[...]

I’m glad it worked out. I have always had great service there.

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 12:59 PM Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:
[...]

Jim, That is the best kind of success !

Brett Wright