Mechanical Brakes

Jim Liberty

You are a lifesaver. The first picture is my exact set up. I could not figure how the 2 springs were set up.    ...........Thanks, Jim.

On Sun, Jan 24, 2021 at 3:47 PM Paula W <paula_whitney@...> wrote:
I've attached photos that may help.  NOTE, only one photo is mine. Others were taken by other members and I believe I pulled them from this message board. I download several when we were working on the brakes, so you may wish to poke around a bit more under "brakes" to see more threads.

The one with dirt and the 3Ton lift is my car (47 Sedan) before we replaced the brake shoes and cleaned it up a bit. Even with mine we had to work with Service Motors a bit to get correct ones since our front and rear were exactly the same.
I'll stop there since the real expertise must come from others.

Attachments:

Paula W

Edited

I've attached photos that may help.  NOTE, only one photo is mine. Others were taken by other members and I believe I pulled them from this message board. I download several when we were working on the brakes, so you may wish to poke around a bit more under "brakes" to see more threads.

The one with dirt and the 3Ton lift is my car (47 Sedan) before we replaced the brake shoes and cleaned it up a bit. Even with mine we had to work with Service Motors a bit to get correct ones since our front and rear were exactly the same.
I'll stop there since the real expertise must come from others.

Jim Liberty

Could someone send me pictures of how the return springs fit '47 mechanical brake shoes.    .....Jim.