VC Parts diagram/ info needed.

duffymt60 <duffymt60@aol.com>

I am looking for plans or diagrams for the following VC parts:

spare tire mount

Wood spacer for pail/license lamp

I know I have seen these in old quarterlies, but not sure what issue

thanks.  Mike Duffy
duffymt60@...

Spock Arnold

Suppliers have the spacer.  Spare tire mount will be tough to find a diagram on.  You may have to find someone who has one and borrow it to copy.
On Dec 24, 2020 8:06 AM, "duffymt60 <duffymt60@...> via groups.io" <duffymt60@...> wrote:

I am looking for plans or diagrams for the following VC parts:

spare tire mount

Wood spacer for pail/license lamp

I know I have seen these in old quarterlies, but not sure what issue

thanks.  Mike Duffy
duffymt60@...

Butch

The VC wiring diagram is the same as the CD. It's in the Service Manual, listed as "with directional signals". I can't recall, and significant differences, if there are any.

Butch

On 12/24/2020 8:44 AM, Spock Arnold via groups.io wrote:
Suppliers have the spacer.  Spare tire mount will be tough to find a diagram on.  You may have to find someone who has one and borrow it to copy.
On Dec 24, 2020 8:06 AM, "duffymt60 <duffymt60@...> via groups.io" <duffymt60@...> wrote:
I am looking for plans or diagrams for the following VC parts:

spare tire mount

Wood spacer for pail/license lamp

I know I have seen these in old quarterlies, but not sure what issue

thanks.  Mike Duffy
duffymt60@...

Isn't the VC spare tire mount the same as on the Farm-O-Road?

On Thu, Dec 24, 2020 at 10:44 AM Butch via groups.io <butch46988=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
The VC wiring diagram is the same as the CD. It's in the Service Manual, listed as "with directional signals". I can't recall, and significant differences, if there are any.

Butch

On 12/24/2020 8:44 AM, Spock Arnold via groups.io wrote:
Suppliers have the spacer.  Spare tire mount will be tough to find a diagram on.  You may have to find someone who has one and borrow it to copy.
On Dec 24, 2020 8:06 AM, "duffymt60 <duffymt60@...> via groups.io" <duffymt60@...> wrote:
I am looking for plans or diagrams for the following VC parts:

spare tire mount

Wood spacer for pail/license lamp

I know I have seen these in old quarterlies, but not sure what issue

thanks.  Mike Duffy
duffymt60@...

Yes as best I can tell. Not a lot of extra FOR mounts laying outs around either. Since it is all hidden when the wheel/tire is mounted it isn’t that hard to make one that will work. I made the one for the Super Sports I redid in the 70s.

On Dec 24, 2020, at 10:47 AM, L.E. Hardee <hftsales@...> wrote:

[...]

srwils

I just made a rear center light spacer for my VC. Attached is a drawing of what I made. After it was cut and drilled I tweaked that angle of the wedge on a sander to around 10 degrees to get the light to point straight out.

The spare tire bracket is a complicated stamping and would need to be machined from a block to look authentic. You could bend one into a simple "U" if just want something to hold the tire.

On Thursday, December 24, 2020, 10:58:14 AM EST, Jim Bollman <jim@...> wrote:

[...]

Steve

The “continental” spare on my custom convertible uses a turned down 6” brake drum for the spare mount.  No one sees if they don’t look.  Only Paul Gorrell has noticed it.

[...]

jeff

Merry Christmas!  I found in my spare parts an original Crosley wheel mount.  It's rusty, bent and has a broken bolt.
But.....it can be fixed.
Yours for $10 plus $10 shipping out next week.
Thanks
Jeff

PayPal $20 to jeffalyon@...

Sent from my jphone

duffymt60 <duffymt60@aol.com>

Thank you to all.   & Merry Christmas ;)

Butch

Jeff,

If it's not yet taken, I will take it.

Butch

On 12/24/2020 2:31 PM, jeff wrote:
Merry Christmas!  I found in my spare parts an original Crosley wheel mount.  It's rusty, bent and has a broken bolt.
But.....it can be fixed.
Yours for $10 plus $10 shipping out next week.
Thanks
Jeff

PayPal $20 to jeffalyon@att.net

jeff

Butch, I mailed it to Michael Duffy today.

Please send an email to me at

jeffalyon@...

Thanks

Jeff

Sent from my jphone

> Merry Christmas!  I found in my spare parts an original Crosley wheel
> mount.  It's rusty, bent and has a broken bolt.
> But.....it can be fixed.
> Yours for $10 plus $10 shipping out next week.
> Thanks
> Jeff
>
> PayPal $20 to jeffalyon@...

Thanks Jeff.