Sprite/Midget trans adapter

BARRY SEEL <CROSLEY19@AOL.COM>

  A couple of people were interested in these and I lost their emails.
     I finally got the adapter plates made to use an Austin Healey Sprite/ MG Midget 4 speed trans to a Crosley engine.
  The adapter plate is $175.00. It then needs and Crosley flywheel machined down for a Sprite ring gear, and a Sprite clutch. The trans housing needs to be cut out for the starter. I usually weld the other side shut were the original Sprite starter was located.

Dan Mullin

You can also use a super starter that mounts next to engine and still be able to install the oil line.  Super starter has gobs of torque.

On Dec 3, 2020, at 9:33 AM, BARRY SEEL <CROSLEY19@...> via groups.io <CROSLEY19@...> wrote:

  A couple of people were interested in these and I lost their emails.
     I finally got the adapter plates made to use an Austin Healey Sprite/ MG Midget 4 speed trans to a Crosley engine.
  The adapter plate is $175.00. It then needs and Crosley flywheel machined down for a Sprite ring gear, and a Sprite clutch. The trans housing needs to be cut out for the starter. I usually weld the other side shut were the original Sprite starter was located.

Mike P

I am interested, sent you an email.

Does anyone know where I could get this and a trans installed in my Hot Shot, I'm in CT.

I guess some serious driveshaft mods would be needed, or do people use a spridget rear end to skip the torque tube?

Thanks!

Same question.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10