Topics

Help With Parking Brake Lever

crosleyshortsport

Here is how it bolts to my 52 CD. The short arm is bolted to the cross member about 6 inches to the driver side of the transmission. That short arm is perpendicular to the cross member.

On Sun, Aug 23, 2020, 10:53 AM Bruce Derenski via groups.io <bruce.derenski=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
I think I figured it out. There are a pair of holes in the transmission cross member on the passenger side. My mistake was trying to fit the lever on from below. When you lay the lever over the holes from the top, it bolts right up.
> On Aug 23, 2020, at 10:34 AM, Butch via groups.io <butch46988=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> Chris,
>
> The later cars were different. I assume due to the lack of leverage provided, by the direct connection, as is installed on your (early) car, they changed and added a "swinging" lever, that gave a lot of mechanical advantage for the brake application.
>
> Butch
>
>> On 8/23/2020 9:53 AM, CHRIS BECKWITH via groups.io wrote:
>> I just got a 49 with the e brake assembly still in place
>>
>> Sgt. Chris Beckwith ,
>> US ARMY Ret

>>> ???Your description is a bit hard for me to follow, but look at the transmission mount bolts.
>>>
>>> Butch

> --

Bruce Derenski

[...]

CHRIS BECKWITH

I just got a 49 with the e brake assembly still in place

Sgt. Chris Beckwith ,
US ARMY Ret

On Aug 20, 2020, at 10:31 AM, Butch via groups.io <butch46988=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Your description is a bit hard for me to follow, but look at the transmission mount bolts.

Butch

On 8/20/2020 8:36 AM, Bruce Derenski via groups.io wrote:
Hi, Crosley Gurus. Wizards and Swamis,

My car is a 1952 CD Wagon with stock 9" drum brakes. I need some help with hooking up the parking brake lever. Not the handle inside the car, but the lever that mounts beneath the car, near the transmission. The lever has a short arm with two small nuts/bolts, and it clearly bolts to something. What does it bolt to? I can't find anything in the vicinity with two bolt holes of the required diameter and spacing. Thanks!