Topics

Spark Plugs?

Andy Farley

I did some research and decided to put autolite 306 spark plugs in to see if they give me any improvement. The 306 are a little hotter plugs. I gapped them at 28 thousandths instead of 25 because I'm running a 12v system with 65 Chevy coil. I'm pleased to report that there is a very noticeable improvement. Smoother idle and quicker response to the throttle.

Andy Farley

My 48 CC had Delco R43 plugs in it when I got it and seems to run good with them. I'm wondering if running R45 plugs would be better since they are have a higher heat range.

seb fontana

I found some Atlas 463 plugs that work good. Extended reach, proper thread length, clears pistons and combustion chamber; at least in my engine. Stay pretty clean burning. Heat could be one or two steps cooler and would probably work ok, couple steps hotter for some oil use. Seb.

Tim Hamblen

J8 or J8C Champions

Spock Arnold

I just order them from our vendors and take what they send!

On Jul 1, 2020 4:43 PM, Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:
What  type spark plugs are most of you running these days in a ciba motor?

Mike S

What  type spark plugs are most of you running these days in a ciba motor?