Topics

BaT Auction: 1951 Crosley Le Mans Special

Jim Bollman

This one snuck in and I missed it. John Aibel, founer of our club, owned this for many years and awhile back sold it to a dealer. So there are 3 Crosleys on Bring a Trailer now. This one ends in 2 days.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1951-crosley-lemans-special/

John vintaged raced it for many years.

Jim...

parkhunter@...

I love the bit around two minutes into the video where he gets in the throttle in a turn, the wheels chirp, and he saws the wheel to keep it straight. This is NOT a typical Crosley! 

$27k is a bargain for a turn key vintage racer with Le Mans pedigree. Sure wish I had that kind of loose change. 

- Park

Spock Arnold

Martin , the former owner was at Wauseon last year.  John Abel, former club president.

On Jun 8, 2020 8:38 AM, parkhunter@... wrote:

I love the bit around two minutes into the video where he gets in the throttle in a turn, the wheels chirp, and he saws the wheel to keep it straight. This is NOT a typical Crosley! 

$27k is a bargain for a turn key vintage racer with Le Mans pedigree. Sure wish I had that kind of loose change. 

- Park

Terrance Robinson

sur wish I had a place to store it!--Terry

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 7:38 AM <parkhunter@...> wrote:

- Park

--
Hurt not the Earth neither the Sea. Nor the Trees.                         Revelation 7:3  
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."   
                                                                            President Dwight D. Eisenhower 
"The only thing to buy on credit is your casket."                       James A Michener
Debt is "anything that you pay today for yesterday's living"              Ruth Hayden
A model of Christian Charity: "We are all responsible (institutions and individuals)    to each other and to serve the common good"              Gov. John Winthrop 1630