From: David.Stubenvoll@...
Sent: May 6, 2020 09:01
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: [Crosley-Gang] ‘52 Super Sedan

Hello group,
im a newbie to Crosleys but I’ve been a car guy for decades. Model T’s and A’s, MG’s, King Midgets, and Metropolitan’s (all plural) have been in my garage at one time or another. Our “fun car” season up here in the frozen tundra, just out side of Green Bay, is rather short compared to the southern states so I’ve been thinking that a closed car like a Crosley sedan would extend my season.

I joined the club a while back and have been watching the classifieds. Last issue of the magazine has an ad with two cars, a station wagon and a Super Sedan, both ‘52’s. The wagon has been sold but not the sedan -yet. The son of the previous owner does not know much about the car other than it appears to be in really good shape, runs and drives. There is no history available nor information on the extent of the restoration. Does anyone out there know the car?

You can answer here or call me at 920-360-9546

Thank you,
Dave

David Stubenvoll

I have an original Model 1, one of the very first kits. Also a ‘58 Model 3 with a 22 hp Predator engine. It was hardly able to clear an intersection before the light changed when I bought it. Now it will throw rooster tails the length of my gravel driveway down to my shop!

On May 6, 2020, at 11:27 AM, Lloyd Lautzenhiser <not@...> wrote:

Dave:
What model King Midgets do you have?  I have a couple of II's with 28 hp Briggs and differentials installed.  Major improvement.
Lloyd

Sent from my BlackBerry - the most secure mobile device
[...]

Lloyd Lautzenhiser

Dave:
What kind of transmission in the Model 3?

Sent: May 6, 2020 09:01

[...]

Comet clutch with the original forward-reverse gearbox

Sent: May 6, 2020 09:01

[...]

Same here.  Works like a charm.

Sent: May 6, 2020 09:01

[...]

crosleyshortsport

David,  Welcome to the Crosley Automobile Club, The Crosley sedans typically sell for less than the other models. I am not personaly familiar with that sedan, though I know that Tom Boylan has always done fine work. As chairman of the national meet, here is your personal invitation to the Crosley Automobile Club 2020 "The Vision Continues" National Meet. July 6 - 11   Fulton County Fairgrounds, Wauseon, Ohio
Jeffrey Ackerman

Sent: May 6, 2020 09:01

[...]

parkhunter@...

Welcome, Dave. You sound like a perfect Crosley owner - interested in oddball stuff. (grin) You’ll find that parts availability for Crosleys is excellent - almost on par with the T in mechanical parts.

I’m a fellow cheesehead, located in La Crosse. Jim Bollman in the Wausau area is a big Crosley buff. Brian Dlapa and family down in Milwaukee have been working to start a Wisconsin region for a while. There are others around the state. At one point Brian was talking about a Crosley gathering in Marinette, WI in August... not sure what the plans are now.

Feel free to call or email me (608-799-4484 or park@...). We’re camping in Door County in June, if you want to visit at a socially safe distance.

Blessings,

Park Hunter
48 wagon

Jim Bollman

Sorry Park I didn’t move to Wausau, I’m still in TN. Maybe Jim Boelz.

Jim...

On May 7, 2020, at 8:37 AM, parkhunter@... wrote:

Welcome, Dave. You sound like a perfect Crosley owner - interested in oddball stuff. (grin) You’ll find that parts availability for Crosleys is excellent - almost on par with the T in mechanical parts.

I’m a fellow cheesehead, located in La Crosse. Jim Bollman in the Wausau area is a big Crosley buff. Brian Dlapa and family down in Milwaukee have been working to start a Wisconsin region for a while. There are others around the state. At one point Brian was talking about a Crosley gathering in Marinette, WI in August... not sure what the plans are now.

Feel free to call or email me (608-799-4484 or park@...). We’re camping in Door County in June, if you want to visit at a socially safe distance.

Blessings,

Park Hunter
48 wagon

Brian Dlapa

dave like to meet you pass through greenbay every week tr
ying to get crosley guy together in aug in marrinette brian 414 493 5547

On Thursday, May 7, 2020, 04:12:35 PM CDT, Jim Bollman <jim@...> wrote:

[...]

dave wrong number 414 403 5547 brian

On Thursday, May 7, 2020, 07:51:15 PM CDT, Brian Dlapa via groups.io <treestumpbvd@...> wrote:

[...]

Dang it. Knew that wasn’t sounding right as I typed it, but had to hurry off before the coffee kicked in.

Jim Boelz, of course. Thank you, Other Jim. :^)

Park