Topics

Identify parts

Steve Perry

Hello all...
When I got this car it was disassembled. I figured out quite a few parts and their installed locations. I have a few parts here (Photo) that I don’t know about. Maybe you guys have an idea..
Thanks,
Steve

James Dlapa

Hi Steve the curves piece and round rubber bumper look like a door check strap. The small triangular piece is a spring return for the throttle linkage , and the other looks a brake or clutch linkage

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 8:04 AM Steve Perry <sperryfish@...> wrote:
Hello all...
When I got this car it was disassembled. I figured out quite a few parts and their installed locations. I have a few parts here (Photo) that I don’t know about. Maybe you guys have an idea..
Thanks,
Steve

Attachments:

Butch

The double yoked item is for the clutch linkage. The spacer looks like a tube shock insert, but it's hard to tell without some size reference.

Butch

On 4/4/2020 11:20 AM, James Dlapa wrote:
Hi Steve the curves piece and round rubber bumper look like a door check strap. The small triangular piece is a spring return for the throttle linkage , and the other looks a brake or clutch linkage

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 8:04 AM Steve Perry <sperryfish@...> wrote:
Hello all...
When I got this car it was disassembled. I figured out quite a few parts and their installed locations. I have a few parts here (Photo) that I don’t know about. Maybe you guys have an idea..
Thanks,
Steve

Steve Perry

That’s great..
I don’t see a cut-out on a Super Sports for the door stop?
I assume I’ll need a couple of the correct size pins(like the one in the photo) to attach the clutch linkage?
In the other photo I have the throttle linkage and some sort of latch?
Can someone tell me if the throttle linkage is correct and what does it take to get over to the Carter WO Carb?
Thanks again..
Steve

James Dlapa

Hi Steve,
The door catch would not have been used on a Super Sports. But would be relevant for a CC or CD

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 9:40 AM Steve Perry <sperryfish@...> wrote:

That’s great..
I don’t see a cut-out on a Super Sports for the door stop?
I assume I’ll need a couple of the correct size pins(like the one in the photo) to attach the clutch linkage?
In the other photo I have the throttle linkage and some sort of latch?
Can someone tell me if the throttle linkage is correct and what does it take to get over to the Carter WO Carb?
Thanks again..
Steve

Attachments:

Spock Arnold

Steve
    Yes on The pins. Avail at hardware store.  The arm on your throttle linkage has been cut or broken off. Needs to be much longer. At the end is a ball that connects to a junction piece with openings on each end.  One end to the ball on the linkage, the other to the ball on the accelerator on your carb.  Not sure what the other part is.

On Apr 4, 2020 12:40 PM, Steve Perry <sperryfish@...> wrote:

That’s great..
I don’t see a cut-out on a Super Sports for the door stop?
I assume I’ll need a couple of the correct size pins(like the one in the photo) to attach the clutch linkage?
In the other photo I have the throttle linkage and some sort of latch?
Can someone tell me if the throttle linkage is correct and what does it take to get over to the Carter WO Carb?
Thanks again..
Steve

Gabriel Haddad

The linkage on the left is part of the clutch assembly I think. The round rubber and curved part are parts to the door keepers.

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020, 11:04 AM Steve Perry <sperryfish@...> wrote:
Hello all...
When I got this car it was disassembled. I figured out quite a few parts and their installed locations. I have a few parts here (Photo) that I don’t know about. Maybe you guys have an idea..
Thanks,
Steve

Attachments:

Steve Perry

Thanks all..
The short piece on the throttle linkage was welded on (photo). I’m thinking I can drill a couple holes in that piece and attach it to another piece that goes over to the carb.
Can someone provide a photo of how that operates the carb? When you push the gas pedal it would rock that flange in an upward motion. But, the carb throttle rotates downward for more throttle (photo)..
Sorry for so many questions but there doesn’t seem to be much info on the internet or in the manual.
Steve

nadno1

Steve, not sure if this helps, this is how mine works with mycsrb style

The short piece on the throttle linkage was welded on (photo). I’m thinking I can drill a couple holes in that piece and attach it to another piece that goes over to the carb.
Can someone provide a photo of how that operates the carb? When you push the gas pedal it would rock that flange in an upward motion. But, the carb throttle rotates downward for more throttle (photo)..
Sorry for so many questions but there doesn’t seem to be much info on the internet or in the manual.
Steve

Steve Perry

And here are measurements for the spacer part
approx.. 1 1/16” L X 3/4” OD and 3/8” ID

Spock Arnold

How about this

On Apr 4, 2020 3:49 PM, Steve Perry <sperryfish@...> wrote:

Thanks all..
The short piece on the throttle linkage was welded on (photo). I’m thinking I can drill a couple holes in that piece and attach it to another piece that goes over to the carb.
Can someone provide a photo of how that operates the carb? When you push the gas pedal it would rock that flange in an upward motion. But, the carb throttle rotates downward for more throttle (photo)..
Sorry for so many questions but there doesn’t seem to be much info on the internet or in the manual.
Steve

Dennis Terdy

Steve.
Here is my ‘47 coupe carb linkage (attached)
Dennis

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 3:09 PM Spock Arnold via groups.io <tmkldwwj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
How about this

On Apr 4, 2020 3:49 PM, Steve Perry <sperryfish@...> wrote:

Thanks all..
The short piece on the throttle linkage was welded on (photo). I’m thinking I can drill a couple holes in that piece and attach it to another piece that goes over to the carb.
Can someone provide a photo of how that operates the carb? When you push the gas pedal it would rock that flange in an upward motion. But, the carb throttle rotates downward for more throttle (photo)..
Sorry for so many questions but there doesn’t seem to be much info on the internet or in the manual.
Steve

Attachments:

Steve Perry

OK.. Thanks
I have an idea of what I will need to fabricate.
I can see from the photos that the carb linkage attaches to the right outside of the carb. I can see a small linkage in the photos that attaches to the butterfly rod that extends out the back of the carb base.

Thanks for all the help..
Steve

Steve Perry

A couple more things..
A photo shows a steel rod with threads on each end. It’s approximately 23 1/2” Length.
Second photo shows a bracket mount on the frame just under the steering box, what goes there?
Thanks...
Steve

Gabriel Haddad

The threaded rod is your radiator support. Attaches from the firewall to the radiator bracket.
The bracket on the frame is for pedal assembly springs.

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020, 12:08 PM Steve Perry <sperryfish@...> wrote:
A couple more things..
A photo shows a steel rod with threads on each end. It’s approximately 23 1/2” Length.
Second photo shows a bracket mount on the frame just under the steering box, what goes there?
Thanks...
Steve

Attachments:

Steve Perry

Thanks so much..
I am about ready to put the engine back in and didn’t want to leave something out where the engine would be in my way..
I really appreciate the photos.
Steve

On Apr 5, 2020, at 11:29 AM, Gabriel Haddad <super51.g100@...> wrote:

The threaded rod is your radiator support. Attaches from the firewall to the radiator bracket.
The bracket on the frame is for pedal assembly springs.

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020, 12:08 PM Steve Perry <sperryfish@...> wrote:
A couple more things..
A photo shows a steel rod with threads on each end. It’s approximately 23 1/2” Length.
Second photo shows a bracket mount on the frame just under the steering box, what goes there?
Thanks...
Steve

Attachments:

<20200405_121648.jpg>
<20200405_121718.jpg>

Steve Perry

Gabriel,
I can see a hose coming through the firewall that attaches to the port on the top of the intake manifold (maybe vacuum). Do you know what that attaches to under the dash. Wipers?

Thanks,
Steve

Spock Arnold

Rod appears to be radiator support rod.
Bracket is the attachment point for brake and clutch pedal return springs.

On Apr 5, 2020 12:08 PM, Steve Perry <sperryfish@...> wrote:
A couple more things..
A photo shows a steel rod with threads on each end. It’s approximately 23 1/2” Length.
Second photo shows a bracket mount on the frame just under the steering box, what goes there?
Thanks...
Steve

Gabriel Haddad

Steve, it does go to the wipers. My sedan has it split but, can't tell how its hooked up in the SS.

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020, 1:10 PM Steve Perry <sperryfish@...> wrote:

Gabriel,
I can see a hose coming through the firewall that attaches to the port on the top of the intake manifold (maybe vacuum). Do you know what that attaches to under the dash. Wipers?

Thanks,
Steve

Jim Bollman

There is normally a Y connector under the dash to feed both wipers from the one hose going through the dash.