Topics

Identify Carter carburetor

PATRICIA GRITTI

  Hi Jim
  Thank you for suggesting that I check the Crosley Gang files for Carter carb. information. Double thanks, also found a great description of how to remove a VC body.
  Don

On March 4, 2020 at 4:24 PM Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:

Crosley used the Carter WO 870S and Carter WO 934S. They are 100 CFM carbs. The spec/part sheet for the 870s is in the Files section it may help you figure out what is different.
https://groups.io/g/Crosley-Gang/files

Crosley used the Carter WO 870S and Carter WO 934S. They are 100 CFM carbs. The spec/part sheet for the 870s is in the Files section it may help you figure out what is different.
https://groups.io/g/Crosley-Gang/files

Jim...

PATRICIA GRITTI

Been trying to deal with my Carter equipped Crosley "Starts then cuts out after a few seconds"
Found a W-O rebuild service manual on the internet. The manual lists several uses for the W-O. None of the uses mentions the Crosley!
Is the W-O carb used by Crosley different from those used by Jeep, Willys, Americar, Kaiser in any way? ie, ventury size, jet size etc.