Topics

Spriget trans

any info or pics of how you adapted to Crosley bell housing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

David

Seb Fontana designed and machined my adapter.  But since the spriget trans and bellhousing are one casting, you want to adapt the spriget bellhousing to the Crosley crankcase.  Pictures of mine are attached.  You lose the temperature gauge port in the rear of the block, and if you’re using a Bearcat block you need to grind off the boss at the rear of the block.  With my exhaust manifold, the spriget starter would not go in, so I used a gear reduction starter to clear.

David

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2019 1:00 PM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: [Crosley-Gang] Spriget trans

any info or pics of how you adapted to Crosley bell housing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

BARRY SEEL <CROSLEY19@AOL.COM>

I lent my adapter to Seb, which he copied. I am going to get more made. If anybody is interested they can contact me. My adapter has the ability to use the MG starter on the left side of the motor.
Barry

David

A left mount starter would have made my life easier.

David

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Sunday, December 29, 2019 3:59 PM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] Spriget trans

I lent my adapter to Seb, which he copied. I am going to get more made. If anybody is interested they can contact me. My adapter has the ability to use the MG starter on the left side of the motor.
Barry

Dan Mullin

Barry, could you please send me some pics of your adspter plate?   Thanks.
Danm356@...

On Dec 29, 2019, at 3:59 PM, BARRY SEEL <CROSLEY19@...> via Groups.Io <CROSLEY19@...> wrote:

Barry