Topics

6v / 12v water pump

Andy Farley

Earlier this month I posted that I had developed a 12 volt DC water pump system for my 48 CC. There was some interest as to whether it would work running on 6 volts. What I am using is an inverter water pump from a 2004 to 2009 Prius. It puts out about 5 gallons per minute running on 12v and it's working well on my 12v 48 CC. I tested it using 6volts DC today and it works well, but the water flow is reduced as would be expected. It's probably about 2 to 3 gallons per minute on 6v. This might actually be enough to cool a Crosley engine. I'm not going to go back to 6v on my CC do do more testing but it might be worth someone else trying. If anyone would like more info I'd be happy to help.