Topics

Looking for information on a tin block (COBRA) I have.

dalef62

Patricia,
Do you have any pictures?

I will have to dig through my past issues and find that Quarterly, Fred!
Thank you for all the information!
Dale

PATRICIA GRITTI

Hope you'll forgive a saguay on Fred's message. Can't resist saying I have a fiberglass TCI T-bucket body to sell. Would anyone like to do a Crosley T?
Asking $300.
We'[re in Southeast Pa.
donald-gritti@...

On December 8, 2019 at 12:57 PM fred@... wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

See the Winter 2012 Quarterly for a little on Larry. Also he has re-done a fabulous Crosley bucket T street rod. I can call and see if he knows anything more on that engine - he used t do the restoration work for Paul Hayes (NJ).

fred@...

Edited

See the Winter 2012 Quarterly for a little on Larry. Also he has re-done a fabulous Crosley bucket T street rod. I can call and see if he knows anything more on that engine - he used t do the restoration work for Paul Hayes (NJ).

Butch

There is?? a Larry Fissette, in Depere, WI.

That is the only one, that I know.

Butch

On 12/5/2019 3:25 PM, dalef62 wrote:
I got this tin block several years ago from central PA and got it out the other day to see if I could get it running.?? It runs!?? Now the puzzle starts.?? There is a hang tag attached to the engine that says "ICE BOAT" & "RUNS GOOD"?? Then what looks like Fissette.?? Then the price.?? Is Fissette the gentleman's name that owned it????? Then the next part of the puzzle, The oil pan has a 1/2" black iron pipe running through it.?? It enters and exits on the left(drs) side one towards the front and the other towards the back, brazed in.?? It has two 90 degree elbows inside and a pipe to connect it all together.?? It looks to be a cooling/heating device, running water through it????? It also has a plate(1.5" x 1.5") brazed on between the two pipes on the outside of the pan.
Does anyone have any incite on it??? Recognize the name Fissette? Maybe it will come to Wauseon next year??? Who has the Vision???
Dale

Andy Farley

Sounds like they put the pipe in the oil pan as an oil heater. Makes sense if it was used in an ice boat.

dalef62