Topics

51 tail lights ????

"hebme2" <HeBme2@...>

Looking for ideals as to which tail lights to install on my 51 Crosley PU. The previous owner installed/modified the tail lights by cutting out some tailgate area and using some type of cheap plastic lights. They look like crap! I was thinking of using something like Ford Model A or maybe a Ratrod style. My truck is almost ready to be on the road and will be for driving not showing. Any ideals?

Thanks

Jamie

Grand Rapids, Ohio

"L.E. Hardee" <hftsales@...>

Without seeing how big a hole was cut out, its hard to say what would work.  Some ideas for a round taillight larger than the Crosley but not huge would be 59 Cadillac, early to mid 50's Buick or Oldsmobile.  62-65 Chevy look nice also.  You might want to make a paper template of the taillight hole with you as a reference and go to a car show  and look around for ideas.  Don't take any tools with you or the owners might get the wrong idea about your intentions!

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 3:46 PM, hebme2 <HeBme2@...> wrote:

Looking for ideals as to which tail lights to install on my 51 Crosley PU. The previous owner installed/modified the tail lights by cutting out some tailgate area and using some type of cheap plastic lights. They look like crap! I was thinking of using something like Ford Model A or maybe a Ratrod style. My truck is almost ready to be on the road and will be for driving not showing. Any ideals?

Thanks

Jamie

Grand Rapids, Ohio

"cutworm1959" <cutworm1959@...>

Jamie, I like original lights. Especially on a rare truck like yours. If I had to go with a non-stock light assembly it would be the glass type used on our Hotshots and supersports. Cut

Looking for ideals as to which tail lights to install on my 51 Crosley PU. The previous owner installed/modified the tail lights by cutting out some tailgate area and using some type of cheap plastic lights. They look like crap! I was thinking of using something like Ford Model A or maybe a Ratrodstyle. My truck ialmost ready to be on the road and will be for driving not showing. Any ideals?
nks

Jamie

Grand Rapids, Ohio

"Dave" <tmkldwwj@...>

Jaime;
Given that you could probably use soem body sections from a station wagon to do some of the replacement, I would recommend taking the time to repair the truck back to original. I think you will be happier with it in the long run.

"Fred" <fred@...>

Take a look at the '38 Ford teardrop lights that the hot-rod shops and even J C Whitneysell. Small. attractive, and available.

"Peter Berard" <berard_m@...>

  Jaime,
  Here's pics of 'Mr Truk's' gate before and after.  The thing looked and smelled like it had been stored in a manure pile, and I do know what that stuff smells like first hand. Most of the center was rusted through.
  Had to replace the inside center brace because it was totally gone but for bout 4 inches.
  A local sheet metal shop can be helpful in making replacement pieces if you need them...............p

Given that you could probably use soem body sections from a station wagon to do some of the replacement, I would recommend taking the time to repair the truck back to original. I think you will be happier with it in the long run.

crosleyss@...

The ONLY lights that look good and look right on the tail of a Crosley are the Crosley taillights.  Other types of taillights look goofy and out of place on Crosleys.  Do the truck and yourself a favor and put stock Crosley lights back on the truck.

Looking for ideals as to which tail lights to install on my 51 Crosley PU.  The
previous owner installed/modified the tail lights by cutting out some tailgate
area and using some type of cheap plastic lights.  They look like crap!  I was
thinking of using something like Ford Model A or maybe a Ratrod style.  My truck
is almost ready to be on the road and will be for driving not showing.  Any
ideals?

Thanks

Jamie

Grand Rapids, Ohio

------------------------------------

Crosley Auto Club Information

CAC Main Web Site - <http://crosleyautoclub.com>
CAC Membership Application - <http://crosleyautoclub.com/Application.pdf>

Crosley Parts Vendors - <http://crosleyautoclub.com/PartsSuppliers.html>

CAC National Meet Information on Main Web Site

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    Crosley_Gang-digest@...
    Crosley_Gang-fullfeatured@...

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Brian Dlapa <treestumpbvd@...>

crosley nationals does anyone going to crosley haveany seats they would like to sell

Given that you could probably use soem body sections from a station wagon to do some of the replacement, I would recommend taking the time to repair the truck back to original. I think you will be happier with it in the long run.

"Dave" <tmkldwwj@...>

There are usually some there. What type are you looking for? I may have some.

"Peter Berard" <berard_m@...>

Check with Doug Doty.
 He has a passel of em 5 or 4 years ago when I was last in his barn................p

crosley nationals does anyone going to crosley haveany seats they would like to sell

Given that you could probably use soem body sections from a station wagon to do some of the replacement, I would recommend taking the time to repair the truck back to original. I think you will be happier with it in the long run.

Brian Dlapa <treestumpbvd@...>

i need 1  cc and 2cd seats dave could you bring that parking brake for the farmoroad

There are usually some there. What type are you looking for? I may have some.

HeBme2@...

I am going to the nationals (live about 1/2 hr away) so if anyone has some I can look at them there.  I just want taillights that look like they belong on the truck.  The current taillights have been cut into the fenders and are tall and thin, not sure what they originally from.  So I want to install better looking ones, cutting in replacement fenders is not an option.  I may bring the truck to get the best fi for the problem.

Jamie