Topics

4 Bladed Fans

"rwright24127" <R.Wright@...>

I Know how they well help but what did they come on. I have been
seeing quite a few of them showing up on E-Bay. Ron

Jim Bollman <Jim@...>

They were used on the Tin Block engines, Generator engines and some industrial engines. Probably some other applications. You have to watch which way the blades are pitched. There are pull fans and push fans. The generators had push fans and that would not be good for car use.

Jim...

"for365nc" <Dancerjohn@...>

--- In Crosley_Gang@y..., "rwright24127" <R.Wright@m...> wrote:
I Know how they well help but what did they come on. I have been
seeing quite a few of them showing up on E-Bay. Ron
Ron:

I don't know what else they might have been used on (generators,
etc.) but can tell you for sure the 4-blade fan was standard on the
Farm-O-Road.

John

"bltlar" <bltlar@...>

--- In Crosley_Gang@y..., "rwright24127" <R.Wright@m...> wrote:
I Know how they well help but what did they come on. I have been
seeing quite a few of them showing up on E-Bay. Ron
Ron,
My military generator has a 4 bladed fan, but it is a PUSH fan, not a
PULL fan as on road vehicles. The air is pushed forward not pulled
back. It cannot be turned around to pull. Dozers have a fan that can
be reversed for summer & winter operations. In summer it pushes air
into radiator to keep dirt out of radiator. In winter you pull
blades up and turn, to pull air into radiator, past engine and into
cab to warm operator.

Thanks to you and our discussion at Wauseon I now have a Pick Up. Not
as nice as your red one, but . . . .

Larry

"silkytwo_99" <crosley@...>

--- In Crosley_Gang@y..., "bltlar" <bltlar@a...> wrote:
--- In Crosley_Gang@y..., "rwright24127" <R.Wright@m...> wrote:
I Know how they well help but what did they come on. I have been
seeing quite a few of them showing up on E-Bay. Ron
Ron,
My military generator has a 4 bladed fan, but it is a PUSH fan, not
PULL fan as on road vehicles. The air is pushed forward not pulled
back. It cannot be turned around to pull. Dozers have a fan that
can
be reversed for summer & winter operations. In summer it pushes
air
into radiator to keep dirt out of radiator. In winter you pull
blades up and turn, to pull air into radiator, past engine and into
cab to warm operator.

Thanks to you and our discussion at Wauseon I now have a Pick Up.
Not
as nice as your red one, but . . . .

I think that all Cobra (tin) engines had a 4 blade fan.

Larry

"Steve Turner" <karknut@...>

Sorry to be a bother but as I had said I am the default mechanic, given the
job not due to skill but for lack of anyone else willing/stupid enough to
try his/her hand at the project. Taking your advise, I took off the valve
cover, thus enabling me to squeeze a box end wrench over the back nut and
voila, the carburator was in my hands? My question is that in taking off
the valve cover I discovered that one of the studs/bolts that extends
through the valve cover enabling the cute little(emphasis on little) nuts to
hold it in place, came out with the cover! It appears to have been that way
for a while but of course I'm not sure. What is the best and easiest way to
reseat this stud in place? Any advise would be most welcome. You guys have
been great helping us neophytes get started with this Crosley thing.
Thanks! Steve & Carol
Click here for Free Video!!
http://www.gohip.com/free_video/