Topics

48 Station wagon tail light clip

Mike S

The previous owner had painted the left rear tailight body color.  He also added a light on the passenger side, but left it black.  This has always bugged me & I decided to paint the left one black.  Unfortunately, as I was taking it apart, one of the spring clips that holds the glass lens in place popped out & flew to who knows where in the shop.

Anyone have a crapped out light that would be willing to sell me a clip?  
thanks,
Mike S

L.E. Hardee

Those clips look similar others I have seen on several types of lights.  You might take one to your autoparts on the perchance of finding one in a currently available light.  If that doesn't pan out, maybe make one from a spring grade wire.  Buy a throttle return spring that has the long straight end.  Use the end wire to make your new clip using the old one as a pattern. 

On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 5:05 PM Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:
The previous owner had painted the left rear tailight body color.  He also added a light on the passenger side, but left it black.  This has always bugged me & I decided to paint the left one black.  Unfortunately, as I was taking it apart, one of the spring clips that holds the glass lens in place popped out & flew to who knows where in the shop.

thanks,
Mike S

crosleyshortsport

I think they may be the same clips found in the new style trailer lights at Tractor Supply Company.

On Wed, Sep 2, 2020, 5:55 PM L.E. Hardee <hftsales@...> wrote:
Those clips look similar others I have seen on several types of lights.  You might take one to your autoparts on the perchance of finding one in a currently available light.  If that doesn't pan out, maybe make one from a spring grade wire.  Buy a throttle return spring that has the long straight end.  Use the end wire to make your new clip using the old one as a pattern. 

thanks,
Mike S

Steve Perry

I have some like that. I’ll post a photo in the morning.
Steve

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io <Crosley-Gang@groups.io> on behalf of crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...>
Sent: Wednesday, September 2, 2020 5:12:49 PM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io <Crosley-Gang@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] 48 Station wagon tail light clip

I think they may be the same clips found in the new style trailer lights at Tractor Supply Company.

thanks,
Mike S

Steve Perry

If it’s the same I’ll send you one.

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io <Crosley-Gang@groups.io> on behalf of Steve Perry <sperryfish@...>
Sent: Wednesday, September 2, 2020 7:24:23 PM

Steve

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io <Crosley-Gang@groups.io> on behalf of crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...>

thanks,
Mike S

Steve Perry

Here is the size I have. It might be right or possibly be bent to fit your application..
Steve

Image.jpeg

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io <Crosley-Gang@groups.io> on behalf of Steve Perry <sperryfish@...>
Sent: Wednesday, September 2, 2020 7:25:55 PM

If it’s the same I’ll send you one.

Sent: Wednesday, September 2, 2020 7:24:23 PM

Steve

thanks,
Mike S

Mike S

Thanks for the offers.  The center section of yours is much wider than mine (I wonder what diameter your light was?).  I have some music wire about the same diameter (been making some coil springs for another project) & think I'll try my hand at making one of these.

Steve Perry

I bought these to repair some Hella Fog lights. I think they were 5” diameter or thereabouts..
Steve

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io <Crosley-Gang@groups.io> on behalf of Mike S <miso7@...>
Sent: Thursday, September 3, 2020 7:13:25 AM

Thanks for the offers.  The center section of yours is much wider than mine (I wonder what diameter your light was?).  I have some music wire about the same diameter (been making some coil springs for another project) & think I'll try my hand at making one of these.