'47 Motor

Jim Liberty

Guys, I have the bottom end open on my '47 motor. I need help with the following:
  • Crank mains are scored. Are there oversize main bearings available? If so I can turn the crank.
  • Do any of you have a standard crank and bearings for sale.
  • Do any of you have a good core long block or complete motor for sale.
I'm doing a body off restoration of the truck, and want everything as good as possible. Located in Orange County CA.    Liberty Motorsports    libertymotorsports365.net.        Jim.

James Dlapa

Hi Jim, have you checked with Service Motors on Bearings?

I too am in Orange County.

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 11:46 AM Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:
Guys, I have the bottom end open on my '47 motor. I need help with the following:
  • Crank mains are scored. Are there oversize main bearings available? If so I can turn the crank.
  • Do any of you have a standard crank and bearings for sale.
  • Do any of you have a good core long block or complete motor for sale.
I'm doing a body off restoration of the truck, and want everything as good as possible. Located in Orange County CA.    Liberty Motorsports    libertymotorsports365.net.        Jim.

Attachments:

Jim Liberty

Thanks James, I have a call into Dale. That would be the easiest solution. My shop restores Porsche 356s, this will be my new shop truck.         ...........................Jim.

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 12:16 PM James Dlapa <crosley1980@...> wrote:

Hi Jim, have you checked with Service Motors on Bearings?

I too am in Orange County.

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 11:46 AM Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:
Guys, I have the bottom end open on my '47 motor. I need help with the following:
  • Crank mains are scored. Are there oversize main bearings available? If so I can turn the crank.
  • Do any of you have a standard crank and bearings for sale.
  • Do any of you have a good core long block or complete motor for sale.
I'm doing a body off restoration of the truck, and want everything as good as possible. Located in Orange County CA.    Liberty Motorsports    libertymotorsports365.net.        Jim.

Attachments:

Tim Hamblen

Service has I believe up to .030 over bearings. I know I got .020 over from them.

jeff

Jim, I  have several engines you can have for free.

Jeff

916.860.9690

Sent from my jphone

Guys, I have the bottom end open on my '47 motor. I need help with the following:
  • Crank mains are scored. Are there oversize main bearings available? If so I can turn the crank.
  • Do any of you have a standard crank and bearings for sale.
  • Do any of you have a good core long block or complete motor for sale.
I'm doing a body off restoration of the truck, and want everything as good as possible. Located in Orange County CA.    Liberty Motorsports    libertymotorsports365.net.        Jim.

Butch

Back when we had bearings made (we owned Service Motors at the time), we had them made all the way down to 0.040.

Butch

On 2/4/2021 9:30 PM, Tim Hamblen via groups.io wrote:
Service has I believe up to .030 over bearings. I know I got .020 over from them.
_._,_._,_