'40 Crosley

Douglas Grout

Mornin' Jim et al...
Say..I'm going to be putting my '40 convertible sedan up for sale.  I'd certainly prefer that it go to another true Crosley enthusiast.  Where is the best place to list it?  If this is an acceptable space, I'll post the ad, some photos, and whatever else necessary.....

Spock Arnold

Doug;
     I would suggest here as well as the Facebook page Crosleyautomobilesfunlittlecars
                        Dave Anspach

On Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 09:07:25 AM EDT, Douglas Grout <douglasaldengrout@...> wrote:

Mornin' Jim et al...
Say..I'm going to be putting my '40 convertible sedan up for sale.  I'd certainly prefer that it go to another true Crosley enthusiast.  Where is the best place to list it?  If this is an acceptable space, I'll post the ad, some photos, and whatever else necessary.....

Jim Bollman

Here is a good starting point: Photos are good, location, condition and price are all questions you will be asked so might as well put them in the ad. Our Facebook page is another good spot. https://www.facebook.com/groups/102257470987/

If you hurry you can get it in our Fall Quarterly magazine, it is being worked on as we speak. Word ads are free but we charge for pictures and larger ads. CrosleyQuarterly@...

Jim...

On Sep 1, 2021, at 9:07 AM, Douglas Grout <douglasaldengrout@...> wrote:

Mornin' Jim et al...
Say..I'm going to be putting my '40 convertible sedan up for sale.  I'd certainly prefer that it go to another true Crosley enthusiast.  Where is the best place to list it?  If this is an acceptable space, I'll post the ad, some photos, and whatever else necessary.....

Douglas Grout

S'ok..here goes...
1940 Crosley convertible sedan model 2A serial no. 390-11264
I bought this car, sight unseen, in 2016.  The seller knew little to nothing about its prior history.  Whoever did the restoration on this Crosley did get a fair amount of it right.  Floors, rockers, and undercarriage suggest that this might have been a rust-free example.  It has proven reliable as a 38mph "grocery-getter" during my ownership.  I've probably put a little over 1200 miles on it in six years.  If interested, get in touch and I'll give you an honest assessment of its strengths and weaknesses.  Owner's manual, service manual, small collection of prewar parts included.  $9800 firm.

Douglas Grout

I should have mentioned that this car is in northeast Ohio near the Pennsy line.

Photos are attached.

On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 10:25 AM Douglas Grout via groups.io <douglasaldengrout=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
S'ok..here goes...
1940 Crosley convertible sedan model 2A serial no. 390-11264
I bought this car, sight unseen, in 2016.  The seller knew little to nothing about its prior history.  Whoever did the restoration on this Crosley did get a fair amount of it right.  Floors, rockers, and undercarriage suggest that this might have been a rust-free example.  It has proven reliable as a 38mph "grocery-getter" during my ownership.  I've probably put a little over 1200 miles on it in six years.  If interested, get in touch and I'll give you an honest assessment of its strengths and weaknesses.  Owner's manual, service manual, small collection of prewar parts included.  $9800 firm.

Jim Bollman

From your pictures it is a Convertible Coupe, gas tank under the hood and rounded doors. Looks like a very nice Prewar.

On Sep 1, 2021, at 10:25 AM, Douglas Grout <douglasaldengrout@...> wrote:

S'ok..here goes...
1940 Crosley convertible sedan model 2A serial no. 390-11264
I bought this car, sight unseen, in 2016.  The seller knew little to nothing about its prior history.  Whoever did the restoration on this Crosley did get a fair amount of it right.  Floors, rockers, and undercarriage suggest that this might have been a rust-free example.  It has proven reliable as a 38mph "grocery-getter" during my ownership.  I've probably put a little over 1200 miles on it in six years.  If interested, get in touch and I'll give you an honest assessment of its strengths and weaknesses.  Owner's manual, service manual, small collection of prewar parts included.  $9800 firm.

Douglas Grout

mornin' Jim...
Thanks for the clarification.  I'd change the description if I knew how but the true enthusiast will quickly see my mistake.  It is a nice little car but my knees are the real issue here.

On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 11:49 AM Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:
From your pictures it is a Convertible Coupe, gas tank under the hood and rounded doors. Looks like a very nice Prewar.

On Sep 1, 2021, at 10:25 AM, Douglas Grout <douglasaldengrout@...> wrote:

S'ok..here goes...
1940 Crosley convertible sedan model 2A serial no. 390-11264
I bought this car, sight unseen, in 2016.  The seller knew little to nothing about its prior history.  Whoever did the restoration on this Crosley did get a fair amount of it right.  Floors, rockers, and undercarriage suggest that this might have been a rust-free example.  It has proven reliable as a 38mph "grocery-getter" during my ownership.  I've probably put a little over 1200 miles on it in six years.  If interested, get in touch and I'll give you an honest assessment of its strengths and weaknesses.  Owner's manual, service manual, small collection of prewar parts included.  $9800 firm.

seb fontana

Post $$ and contact info. Seb.

Jim Bollman

In a different post he said he was in NE Ohio close to PA line and wanted $9800.

On Sep 2, 2021, at 2:13 PM, seb fontana via groups.io <speedoo51@...> wrote:

Post $$ and contact info. Seb.