Oil

"crosley19" <CROSLEY19@...>

I have seen too many times that someone else had previously worked on
the engine, and forgot the copper washers under the cylinder mounting
bolts. Also over time the gasket between the block, and crankcase
dries out, and starts to leak. Sometimes just tightening the cylinder
mounting bolts stops the leak, but not too often. I suggest washing
the engine with gunk or some other type of solvent, and pressure wash
it off. Then start the engine and watch for the oil to appear, won't
take long.
Barry

"speedoo51" <speedoo51@...>

There must be a gasket between the crankcase and the bellhousing as
the rear seal groove is in the bellhousing untill the crankcases that
have the provision for oil filter which also have an extended
crankcase area that has the seal groove; the bellhousing is machined
to clear and needs no gasket. . Gasket should be very thin [like Hot
Rod mag cover page] so as to keep things from warping...with todays
rtv-sealants I would leave the gasket out, thin coat is all thats
needed as long as the surfaces aren't warped already. Seb.