New Crosley speed honor

X779@...

Well, I checked the Microcars list, and all of you in the CAC probably
know this already through the publication, but Crosley has now beaten
out the '80s and '90s former champion Honda 600 for the title of World
Speed Champion, J/Pro Class (cars with 750cc engines).

The winner and new champion is a 1946 Crosley sedan owned by Gerald
Davenport, which set the record with 92.337 mph. I understand the judges
had to verify the results by disassembling the engine and mikeing the
cylinders to check displacement, which verified the victory.

Congratulations to Gerald, and to all in the Crosley community! Saluté
a'tutti!

Regards....
Lou

The opposite of bravery is not cowardice, but conformity.
– Robert Anthony

"crosleyhotshot" <crosleyhotshot@...>

Well if anyone is interested I have some of the tape from Mr.
Davenport running at the flats. A friend of mine was there and took
the video for me. It is pretty neat to listen to it run and such.