Topics

3D Printing Radio Knobs????

Plandersen

Edited

Has anyone tried 3D printing radio switches.  I can’t find any and wondered if that would work.  Ken

Hella Electronics Corporation, 43811 Plymouth Oaks Blvd., 48170, Plymouth Michigan
This document is to be treated confidentially. Its contents are not to be passed on, duplicated, exploited or disclosed without our express permission. All rights reserved, especially the right to apply for protective rights.

Jim Bollman

Please start a new Topic when you start talking about something new. Hard to find things when they are labeled wrong. I moved this to a new thread with a better title.

Moderator
Jim...

Plandersen

OK but not sure how to do it but I will try.  I think I need to join and get a membership.  Kent

On Mar 20, 2019, at 8:23 AM, Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:

Please start a new Topic when you start talking about something new. Hard to find things when they are labeled wrong. I moved this to a new thread with a better title.

Moderator
Jim...

Mike S

Edited

Were there more designs than these 2?  Which was more common?  Is the shaft the knobs go onto "D" shaped or do they have the slot for a metal strip in the back of the knob?  Were the original knobs die cast or plastic?
Mike S

Plandersen

I actually have an extra radio but not the knobs.  Mine has the red plastic knobs.  Kent

On Mar 20, 2019, at 8:45 AM, Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:

Were there more designs than these 2?  Which was more common?  Is the shaft the knobs go onto "D" shaped or do they have the slot for a metal strip in the back of the knob?
Mike S <Knob one.JPG><Knob philco.JPG>

Jim Bollman

The red ones were reproduced back in the 80s in small quantities by making a mold from a good original and pouring plastic of some sort into the molds. I had a set of them and they were very nice. Person that did them died about 20 years ago, not sure where the molds went.

Jim...

On Mar 20, 2019, at 11:45 AM, Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Were there more designs than these 2?  Which was more common?  Is the shaft the knobs go onto "D" shaped or do they have the slot for a metal strip in the back of the knob?  Were the original knobs die cast or plastic?
Mike S <Knob one.JPG><Knob philco.JPG>

Barry Smedley

The red ones are for the chrome nose Motorola the other one is for the philco I think.

Barry Smedley

I actually have an extra radio but not the knobs.  Mine has the red plastic knobs.  Kent

On Mar 20, 2019, at 8:45 AM, Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:

Were there more designs than these 2?  Which was more common?  Is the shaft the knobs go onto "D" shaped or do they have the slot for a metal strip in the back of the knob?
Mike S <Knob one.JPG><Knob philco.JPG>

This message contains confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) named above. Any review, disclosure, distribution, copying or use of the information by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by immediate reply and delete the original message. (English) Ce message contient des informations confidentielles destinées uniquement à l'usage du(des) destinataire(s) nommé(s) ci-dessus. Toute consultation, distribution, copie et utilisation du contenu de ce message est strictement prohibée. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, SVP avisez l'expéditeur par réponse immédiate et effacez le message original. (French)

Plandersen

Yes both mine have the Motorola chrome nose.  Kent

Kent Andersen, YVIAA District Director
PO Box 364
Royal City, WA  99357

Phone 509-346-1500