39 Crosley

michael halloran <mikehalloran4@...>

I finally got the 2 cylinder to start but it ran at such a high RPM I had to shut it down. Throttle plate had no effect. Any ideas as to what I should start looking for?
Thanks for any ideas.
Mike

Sent from Outlook

L.E. Hardee

Carb leak?

On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 12:28 PM michael halloran <mikehalloran4@...> wrote:
I finally got the 2 cylinder to start but it ran at such a high RPM I had to shut it down. Throttle plate had no effect. Any ideas as to what I should start looking for?
Thanks for any ideas.
Mike

Sent from Outlook

Tim Hamblen

Likely a problem in the carb. First thing, check to be sure the idle tube is straight and the needle at the bottom is actually going up into the idle tube.Idle tubes get bent  because folks don't take the carb apart correctly. Could be dumping an unregulated amount of fuel into the intake. If that checks out , set top and bottom adjustments back to the "default" setting. Just search "carb adjustment" here and that will pop up.