Topics

Sliding window hardware?

Mike S

None of the side windows on our 48 station wagon have knobs or handles to help open or close them.  What is supposed to be on them and do any of the vendors sell them?

Spock Arnold

Yes they have a handle and I've also seen locks. I have a few spare handles that I'll bring to Wauseon

On Jun 19, 2019 7:05 PM, Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:
None of the side windows on our 48 station wagon have knobs or handles to help open or close them.  What is supposed to be on them and do any of the vendors sell them?

crosleyshortsport

These ste available from Service Motors

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019, 7:46 PM Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Yes they have a handle and I've also seen locks. I have a few spare handles that I'll bring to Wauseon

On Jun 19, 2019 7:05 PM, Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:
None of the side windows on our 48 station wagon have knobs or handles to help open or close them.  What is supposed to be on them and do any of the vendors sell them?

crosleyshortsport

These are very close to original

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019, 8:41 PM crosleyshortsport via Groups.Io <crosleyshortsport=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
These ste available from Service Motors
On Wed, Jun 19, 2019, 7:46 PM Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Yes they have a handle and I've also seen locks. I have a few spare handles that I'll bring to Wauseon

On Jun 19, 2019 7:05 PM, Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:
None of the side windows on our 48 station wagon have knobs or handles to help open or close them.  What is supposed to be on them and do any of the vendors sell them?

L.E. Hardee

The Crosley pull handles and window locks are same as on the 1962 Rambler station wagon.

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 8:42 PM crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:
These are very close to original

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019, 8:41 PM crosleyshortsport via Groups.Io <crosleyshortsport=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
These ste available from Service Motors
On Wed, Jun 19, 2019, 7:46 PM Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Yes they have a handle and I've also seen locks. I have a few spare handles that I'll bring to Wauseon

On Jun 19, 2019 7:05 PM, Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:
None of the side windows on our 48 station wagon have knobs or handles to help open or close them.  What is supposed to be on them and do any of the vendors sell them?

Mike S

'62 Ramblers....they are more rare than those handles around here....

So, the handle is the result of the thickness of the glass, plus the thickness of the sealer (2 sided tape???) plus the thickness of the metal. To get all this to fit into the channel, (when closing the windows) do you make a mandrel the same thickness (out of wood or something) and drive it into the channel to "spread" it in that localized area?  The glass seems a little snug in the channels as it is (the channels had been replaced not too long ago).

crosleyshortsport

Mike,  The handle will make it slightly thicker when pushing into the channel. It will make its mark and work though. I had to run the windows back and forth a million times by putting my hands on both sides of the glass, and also using some special silicone spray in the track.

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019, 9:39 PM Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:
'62 Ramblers....they are more rare than those handles around here....

So, the handle is the result of the thickness of the glass, plus the thickness of the sealer (2 sided tape???) plus the thickness of the metal. To get all this to fit into the channel, (when closing the windows) do you make a mandrel the same thickness (out of wood or something) and drive it into the channel to "spread" it in that localized area?  The glass seems a little snug in the channels as it is (the channels had been replaced not too long ago).

Brian Dlapa

cabinet glass handles work yankee has them