Topics

engine rebuild

Jim Hostetter

looking for someone in the Los Angeles area to rebuild a "51" Crosley Engine.

Spock Arnold

Jim, I would suggest you worry less about where you have it rebuilt and more about who.  I'd stick with our established engine people.  Check the suppliers section of the club page.  Speaking from experience, I've seen engines rebuilt that lasted less than a few minutes.  It takes a special touch.

On Mar 22, 2019 9:06 PM, "Jim Hostetter via Groups.Io" <american.jim@...> wrote:

dale@servicemotors.net

How fast do you need it??

On Mar 22, 2019, at 6:06 PM, Jim Hostetter via Groups.Io <american.jim@...> wrote:

James Dlapa

Has anyone successfully sleeved a Crosley engine? I have a fageol mirror block I would like to save if possible. 

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 7:27 AM dale@... <Dale@...> wrote:

On Mar 22, 2019, at 6:06 PM, Jim Hostetter via Groups.Io <american.jim@...> wrote:

Jim Hostetter

8 to 9 weeks

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io <Crosley-Gang@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dale@...
Sent: Saturday, March 23, 2019 7:28 AM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] engine rebuild

dale@servicemotors.net

I cant do it that fast.  Sorry

On Mar 23, 2019, at 11:34 AM, Jim Hostetter via Groups.Io <american.jim@...> wrote:

8 to 9 weeks

Butch

To my knowledge, any & every know GOOD builder, is backed up MUCH further than that.

On 3/23/2019 5:19 PM, dale@... wrote:
I cant do it that fast.  Sorry

On Mar 23, 2019, at 11:34 AM, Jim Hostetter via Groups.Io <american.jim@...> wrote:

8 to 9 weeks

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Butch

James,

Yes, we did one many years ago. Like yours, that block was very special. It was a lot of work and required some special procedures.

I'm not sure if some of the materials are available any longer.

Can your block be saved by boring and have custom pistons made? That would probably be less expensive.

Butch

On 3/23/2019 10:30 AM, James Dlapa wrote:
Has anyone successfully sleeved a Crosley engine? I have a fageol mirror block I would like to save if possible. 

Steve Perry

I spoke to some guys that specialize in motorcycle as well as automobile engine sleeving.. thy were set up at the SEMA show a couple yeas ago. I believe they were from California. I’ll see if I can find their information and get that posted.
Steve

On Mar 23, 2019, at 8:45 PM, Butch via Groups.Io <butch46988@...> wrote:

James,

Yes, we did one many years ago. Like yours, that block was very special. It was a lot of work and required some special procedures.

Can your block be saved by boring and have custom pistons made? That would probably be less expensive.

Butch

Butch

Should you speak with them, make sure that they know that it's only a 2 1/2" bore, and a blind hole (no head). That's what complicates the procedure.

Butch

On 3/23/2019 9:50 PM, Steve Perry wrote:
I spoke to some guys that specialize in motorcycle as well as automobile engine sleeving.. thy were set up at the SEMA show a couple yeas ago. I believe they were from California. I’ll see if I can find their information and get that posted.
Steve

On Mar 23, 2019, at 8:45 PM, Butch via Groups.Io <butch46988@...> wrote:

James,

Butch

Steve Perry