Topics

Further Crosley History Reading

Mike S

Besides the Crosley motors book & the Crosley brothers books, are there any other good reading (books or articles) on the cars, like maybe from engineering or marketing people?  It would be nice to learn a little more about how the design & plant management operated.
Mike S

Spock Arnold

Dont know that anything exists.  There is a 3rd book "Dreams do come True" by Ed Jennings.  It presents a different point if view on the Crosley brothers.

On Mar 13, 2019 1:52 PM, Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:
Besides the Crosley motors book & the Crosley brothers books, are there any other good reading (books or articles) on the cars, like maybe from engineering or marketing people?  It would be nice to learn a little more about how the design & plant management operated.
Mike S

Mike S

Has anyone in the club published any stories on Chief Engineer Paul Klotsch?  In a brief review (found at "find a grave.com") it appears he lived a very interesting life (ex. pilot with Richthofen's flying circus in ww1!!!).  It shows he passed in 1991.  I can't believe someone from the club didn't interview him somewhere along the line.

Jim Bollman

I actually did talk to Paul Klotsch back in the late 70s early 80s. I never wrote up the notes I reconstructed afterwards. Wasn't really an interview. I have always planned to write up a story and probably should. I have found and misplaced the notes a couple of times. They are currently in the misplaced mode. As I recall most of my questions were about his time at Crosley.

Jim...

On Mar 13, 2019, at 7:44 PM, Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:

Has anyone in the club published any stories on Chief Engineer Paul Klotsch?  In a brief review (found at "find a grave.com") it appears he lived a very interesting life (ex. pilot with Richthofen's flying circus in ww1!!!).  It shows he passed in 1991.  I can't believe someone from the club didn't interview him somewhere along the line.

Mike S

I would love to hear the things he had to say if you ever find those notes.  Seems like an important part of the Crosley story.