Topics

Introduction

wvanbusk

Hi Gang,

I just picked up a restorable 1950 CD Super Wagon. I'm new to this make, have not restored a car before and wanted a desert project to work on. I like the idea of a mini woody wagon type car. I'm temporarily in Arizona, but live in Oregon. I have ordered tires and I'm working on the brakes and interior floor rust now and developing a list of parts to replace. I will have some questions for later. I'm checking the web links and parts sites. I'm thankful for the internet and all the information out here.

Wade

Jim Hostetter

Where did you your order tires from?

Jim

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io <Crosley-Gang@groups.io> On Behalf Of wvanbusk
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2018 12:59 PM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: [Crosley-Gang] Introduction

Hi Gang,

I just picked up a restorable 1950 CD Super Wagon. I'm new to this make, have not restored a car before and wanted a desert project to work on. I like the idea of a mini woody wagon type car. I'm temporarily in Arizona, but live in Oregon. I have ordered tires and I'm working on the brakes and interior floor rust now and developing a list of parts to replace. I will have some questions for later. I'm checking the web links and parts sites. I'm thankful for the internet and all the information out here.

Wade

Attachments:

wvanbusk

https://www.walmart.com/ip/47086123

christopher cochrane

Looks awesome!! Great find

On Sep 24, 2018, at 1:36 PM, wvanbusk <wvanbusk@...> wrote:

Jim Hostetter

Thank you. I’ll take a look.

Jim

Sent: Monday, September 24, 2018 1:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] Introduction

crosleyshortsport

Wade,  Welcome to the Crosley world !   We are here for you.  Yankee Crosley Parts,  Service motors, Dave Edwards parts, Tony Smith Tires, are all great folks to deal with. Also, please consider membership to the Crosley Automobile Club. A membership form can be found at crosley auto club .com
    Jeffrey Ackerman
Vice President,  Crosley Automobile Club

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018, 6:32 PM Jim Hostetter <american.jim@...> wrote:

Thank you. I’ll take a look.

Jim

Sent: Monday, September 24, 2018 1:36 PM

whistler@...

It's one of my old cars i sold years ago. Bought it in California. Looks the  same as when i sold it.  John

wvanbusk

Wow. The seller just gave up after many years, never did anything other than buy spare parts. Said he got it in Scottsdale. He still has a bunch of other old cars he is selling out and moving into the Phoenix area. Are you in AZ John? 
Wade

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018, 5:29 PM <whistler@...> wrote:
It's one of my old cars i sold years ago. Bought it in California. Looks the  same as when i sold it.  John

whistler@...

Yep! Scottsdale

Ron D.

Wade,
   That's a nice job of making your car fit on what looks to be a 4 x 8 trailer. Granted, your car only weights about 1400 pounds, but I don't think I would trust a trailer that small. Those usually only have about a thousand pound limit. You have precious cargo on that trailer, be careful. 

Jim,
   If you are looking for passenger tires, as opposed to trailer tires, look on Amazon. I bought a set of 5- GT Radial Maxtour  145/80R12 a few months ago, at $22.20 each, with free prime shipping. As I have watched these tires, the price changes all the time, as they are $42.48 today. I have seen them up to $50, and as low as the $22.20 I paid.

wvanbusk

Ha ha, that trailer was not right for the job. I drove no faster than 45 and it was still a wild ride. I will have a larger trailer next time I haul it. I need to pressure wash the dirt from the under carrage, but I'm going to do it in the driveway, not down in town. 😀

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018, 4:07 AM Ron Dole <rdole417@...> wrote:
Wade,
   That's a nice job of making your car fit on what looks to be a 4 x 8 trailer. Granted, your car only weights about 1400 pounds, but I don't think I would trust a trailer that small. Those usually only have about a thousand pound limit. You have precious cargo on that trailer, be careful. 

Jim,
   If you are looking for passenger tires, as opposed to trailer tires, look on Amazon. I bought a set of 5- GT Radial Maxtour  145/80R12 a few months ago, at $22.20 each, with free prime shipping. As I have watched these tires, the price changes all the time, as they are $42.48 today. I have seen them up to $50, and as low as the $22.20 I paid.

Jim Hostetter

Thank you Ron. I’ll have a look.

Jim

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io <Crosley-Gang@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ron Dole
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2018 4:07 AM

Wade,

Jim,