Topics

Still waiting

Jaks

An I just called again and HE HASN’T STARTED YET
Oh well I always did wanto stay phor the antique motorcycle races (but that was when I had a place to stay-everything’s booked this weekend)

crosleyshortsport

Jaks, are you stuck in Wauseon ?

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018, 5:08 PM Jaks via Groups.Io <papajaks=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
An I just called again and HE HASN’T STARTED YET
Oh well I always did wanto stay phor the antique motorcycle races (but that was when I had a place to stay-everything’s booked this weekend)

David Reina

Wow Jak, That Chevy dealer got that many cars ahead of you to fix?

Dave

On Jul 19, 2018, at 5:08 PM, Jaks via Groups.Io <papajaks@...> wrote:

An I just called again and HE HASN’T STARTED YET
Oh well I always did wanto stay phor the antique motorcycle races (but that was when I had a place to stay-everything’s booked this weekend)

Robert Kirk

The picture attached to the dealer offering of a car attracted my attention via the front bumper over riders and grille guard.  I've got a 51 wagon with something quite similar and thought it was a marriage.  I'm thinking now possibly an aftermarket or dealer option for Crosley.  Anyone else encounter something like this?

Spock Arnold

I've seen this type numerous times.  It is an aftermarket piece for small cars

James Dlapa

I have a set or two of over-riders like that that I have removed from a couple Crosley,s over the past few years, but have not given much thought about their origin. Interestingly they were both cc’s . It’s a great question you bring up. Perhaps just a mail order or dealer add on?

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 12:16 PM Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I've seen this type numerous times.  It is an aftermarket piece for small cars

crosleyshortsport

This is my '48 wagon, I am almost finished with the restoration. I found the grill guard a couple years ago in the dirt. Had it rechromed for this car. I have only seen a few of them on Crosleys over the years.

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018, 3:16 PM Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I've seen this type numerous times.  It is an aftermarket piece for small cars

Barry Smedley

I have one just like that

   Barry Smedley

This is my '48 wagon, I am almost finished with the restoration. I found the grill guard a couple years ago in the dirt. Had it rechromed for this car. I have only seen a few of them on Crosleys over the years.

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018, 3:16 PM Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I've seen this type numerous times.  It is an aftermarket piece for small cars

Attachments:

This message contains confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) named above. Any review, disclosure, distribution, copying or use of the information by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by immediate reply and delete the original message. (English) Ce message contient des informations confidentielles destinées uniquement à l'usage du(des) destinataire(s) nommé(s) ci-dessus. Toute consultation, distribution, copie et utilisation du contenu de ce message est strictement prohibée. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, SVP avisez l'expéditeur par réponse immédiate et effacez le message original. (French)

Plandersen

Want to sell a set?  Kent

On Jul 20, 2018, at 12:27 PM, James Dlapa <crosley1980@...> wrote:

I have a set or two of over-riders like that that I have removed from a couple Crosley,s over the past few years, but have not given much thought about their origin. Interestingly they were both cc’s . It’s a great question you bring up. Perhaps just a mail order or dealer add on?

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 12:16 PM Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I've seen this type numerous times.  It is an aftermarket piece for small cars

James Dlapa

I would yes, I will dig them out this weeekend and take some pics. They would need to be rechormed.