Topics

How do you adjust carb for running rich at road speeds ?

Tim Hamblen

My car runs rich while out driving it. Not at idle but regular road work.Fouling the plugs . I assume the adjustment is on the main adjustment screw. Question is.....run it in to lean it some or run it out ? And how much would you do at a time ? 1/4 turn, half turn. ?

crosleyshortsport

These instructions are for the tillotson carb only.

On Wed, May 30, 2018, 8:04 AM Tim Hamblen via Groups.Io <flinttim=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
My car runs rich while out driving it. Not at idle but regular road work.Fouling the plugs . I assume the adjustment is on the main adjustment screw. Question is.....run it in to lean it some or run it out ? And how much would you do at a time ? 1/4 turn, half turn. ?

Butch

Tim,

Which carb?

Butch

On 5/30/2018 8:04 AM, Tim Hamblen via Groups.Io wrote:
My car runs rich while out driving it. Not at idle but regular road work.Fouling the plugs . I assume the adjustment is on the main adjustment screw. Question is.....run it in to lean it some or run it out ? And how much would you do at a time ? 1/4 turn, half turn. ?

Tim Hamblen

It's a Tilly Butch. That piece of paper that Jeff posted was what I was looking for.I got one with my carb from Chuck and could not find it.