1952 Hot Shot

"petergar" <petergar@...>

My brother inherited a 1951 Crosley Hot Shot a few years back, and
had all the intensions in the world of restoring it. Now, after
partially dismantling it and doing some misc repair work he's
interested in selling. It's complete, it does run, and its not rusty
or damaged. But it needs everything.

Anyone have a clue as to it's value?

Peter

Jim Bollman <Jim@...>

Peter,

Pictures and serial number would be a good start. There are some hard to find parts that if they are missing will drive down the cost. What kind of brakes does it have. I have found that a lot of 51-52 Hot Shots have turned in to Super Sports or 49-50. That's why the serial number and brake question.

Jim...

My brother inherited a 1951 Crosley Hot Shot a few years back, and

"petergar" <petergar@...>

I'll post some photos tomorrow... with serial numbers hopefully.

Peter

"petergar" <petergar@...>

Find full details on the car, including photos at:

http://www.sillymonkey.com/crosley/

Let me know what you think.

"tmkldwwj" <tmkldwwj@...>

What a great find!!!!! Looks like a good project to me. I sent you
a long E-Mail to your Yahoo address.

--- In Crosley_Gang@y..., "petergar" <petergar@y...> wrote:
Find full details on the car, including photos at:

http://www.sillymonkey.com/crosley/

Let me know what you think.

Jim Bollman <Jim@...>

Peter,

Great photo web page. Well your 52 is a very early 1950 Hot Shot. Yes those are disc brakes they came out on all Crosley models in mid 49 and were discontinued late in 50 after having corrosion problems in area that use salt on the road. It looks like a very complete unit to start a restoration. If you want to get in to a Crosley to restore this is a good model.

If you decide to sell instead of restore, I'm sure you will get some offers from this board. You can also place a free ad in our "Hot Sheet" that gets mailed to 1300+ club members 1/4ly by sending the ad to mailto:CAC@... please include a non Email method of getting hold of you for the 1/4ly. eBay is another good spot, Crosley stuff seems to bring good money.

Good luck

Jim...

Find full details on the car, including photos at:

http://www.sillymonkey.com/crosley/

Let me know what you think.

"petergar" <petergar@...>

Jim,
I've decided to keep it and enjoy it! You'll see me joining the club
soon, and ordering lots of back issues of the newsletter etc. I've
got a lot to learn!

Just so ya know, I manage the AACA website and discussion forum, so
if you need help with the Crosley Club website I can certianly help
and if you want to move the forum to the aaca discussion forum you
are most certainly welcome.

Thanks, and expect me to be a regular here from now on.

Peter

Jim Bollman <Jim@...>

Peter, I've been hanging out on AACA for awhile too so I recognized your name. I thought about asking for space on the AACA board but we like our Thursday night chats and photo albums. Thanks for the offer.

Glad to hear your going to keep the Hot Shot. I see by the members list you're in AZ. You will have to connect up with Crosley_AZ on the board.

Jim...

Just so ya know, I manage the AACA website and discussion forum, so
if you need help with the Crosley Club website I can certianly help
and if you want to move the forum to the aaca discussion forum you
are most certainly welcome.

Thanks, and expect me to be a regular here from now on.

Peter

Peter <petergar@...>

Is crosley_az in phoenix or tucson?
I can easily reproduce the photo album if you like... as to the chat, i might
be able to reproduce something similar. I'll have to look into that. Course,
i understand your preference to leave it as is. Just let me know if you change
your mind.
I may jump into chat next thurs. In the mean time i'll be asking way to many
questions! THANKS!
Peter

http://health.yahoo.com