1952 Crosley CD Convertible

novakpatty@...

Not sure if anyone will find this interesting or not. Several years ago we purchased the paper work of Hitch service, a Crosley dealer from Maryville TN.. Have been watching Crosley's for sale that list serial numbers for years. The 1952 Crosley CD convertible currently for sale on ebay is our first match. I'm attaching Crosley invoices showing this car and stationary with Hitch Service on it.
Patty Novak

Very interesting that is really cool.

On Jun 26, 2021, at 9:40 PM, novakpatty via groups.io <novakpatty@...> wrote:

Not sure if anyone will find this interesting or not. Several years ago we purchased the paper work of Hitch service, a Crosley dealer from Maryville TN.. Have been watching Crosley's for sale that list serial numbers for years. The 1952 Crosley CD convertible currently for sale on ebay is our first match. I'm attaching Crosley invoices showing this car and stationary with Hitch Service on it.
Patty Novak

Attachments:

Kenn Cahill

That is amazing. What year did they become a Crosley’s automobile dealer?

Gabriel Haddad

I hadn't looked at it that closely but that serial number puts it as an early 51, not a 52?

On Sun, Jun 27, 2021, 7:04 AM Kenn Cahill <drkenncahill@...> wrote:
That is amazing. What year did they become a Crosley’s automobile dealer?

novakpatty@...

They were a Crosley dealer from 1946 to 1952 and had several associated dealerships that they distributed goods. We have most of the car and parts invoices for them, as well as factory letters, service bulletins, manuals, and advertising information.

Jim Liberty

Cool indeed.     ..................Jim.

On Sat, Jun 26, 2021 at 6:40 PM novakpatty via groups.io <novakpatty=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Not sure if anyone will find this interesting or not. Several years ago we purchased the paper work of Hitch service, a Crosley dealer from Maryville TN.. Have been watching Crosley's for sale that list serial numbers for years. The 1952 Crosley CD convertible currently for sale on ebay is our first match. I'm attaching Crosley invoices showing this car and stationary with Hitch Service on it.
Patty Novak

Attachments:

crosleyshortsport

Sure would be super neat for the owner of that car to have the original paperwork.

On Sun, Jun 27, 2021, 2:25 PM Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:
Cool indeed.     ..................Jim.

On Sat, Jun 26, 2021 at 6:40 PM novakpatty via groups.io <novakpatty=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Not sure if anyone will find this interesting or not. Several years ago we purchased the paper work of Hitch service, a Crosley dealer from Maryville TN.. Have been watching Crosley's for sale that list serial numbers for years. The 1952 Crosley CD convertible currently for sale on ebay is our first match. I'm attaching Crosley invoices showing this car and stationary with Hitch Service on it.
Patty Novak

Attachments:

novakpatty@...

We sent a message to the person threw Ebay but he showed no interest in the paper work. Think that listing as a 52 makes it more rare so showing paper work showing for the 51 would tell everyone. But any Crosley person knows that the CD301923 number is a 51.

Gabriel Haddad

Whomever bought that car got a good deal. Hopefully the title is in proper order.

On Sun, Jun 27, 2021, 9:21 PM novakpatty via groups.io <novakpatty=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
We sent a message to the person threw Ebay but he showed no interest in the paper work. Think that listing as a 52 makes it more rare so showing paper work showing for the 51 would tell everyone. But any Crosley person knows that the CD301923 number is a 51.

paul

I wound up being high bidder.  not only does the paperwork from TN exist but talking to the seller last night, he has paperwork tying the car to Tony Hulman of the Indianapolis Speedway. evidently it was kept at the family farm in Terre.Haught, IN. the seller got it in a package with other cars from the Estate of Tony's daughter Mari.  the day topped itself off when from Montana I stumbled onto a 1951 Ohio license plate for the car.  CD 30.. seemed very appropriate with the VIN of  CD 301923.  I jumped on it. once I see the car, I will have to decide what to do with it.  it may be nice enough to keep as a survivor if the 5200 miles is correct.  and, yes the title is in order, the seller is the local new Mercedes Benz dealer in that part of PA.  eveidently he mixes business with pleasure so the title is in the name of his dealership. also, if the title states 1952, I now have the experience of fighting the State of Ohio and winning to have the title corrected.  if I find out it was a left over and first sold in '52 I may just leave the title alone. there will never be any fooling you folks, it's really a "common" 52 and not the "rare" '52 it appears. (sic)   Paul Rinehart

On 6/29/2021 8:03 PM, Gabriel Haddad wrote:
Whomever bought that car got a good deal. Hopefully the title is in proper order.

On Sun, Jun 27, 2021, 9:21 PM novakpatty via groups.io <novakpatty=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
We sent a message to the person threw Ebay but he showed no interest in the paper work. Think that listing as a 52 makes it more rare so showing paper work showing for the 51 would tell everyone. But any Crosley person knows that the CD301923 number is a 51.

paul

OOPS:   "common"   '51

On 6/29/2021 11:12 PM, paul wrote:

[...]

Jim Bollman

Congrats. Glad it found a home with a member that appreciates it for what it is. With all the early documentation it is a real fine and the license plate just proves it was all meant to be yours.

Jim...