Topics

1951 super

John Stein

restoring a 51 super looking for info on motor. the car has the vita mix bracket on it. here are the motor #s.

Steve Olinger

Hi
       I also have a 51 supersports that has the vitameter injection. It has HC stamped there. What I can see on your engine looks like 010 maybe a rebuild with 010 under bearings or 010 overbore? I would love to see a photo of your bracket. Steve

Jim Bollman

I have seen the HC stamp but would guess the 10 is 10:1 compression Quicksilver just like your HC since it has the Vitameter bracket still attached.

On Dec 10, 2019, at 8:03 PM, Steve Olinger <olinger@...> wrote:

Hi
       I also have a 51 supersports that has the vitameter injection. It has HC stamped there. What I can see on your engine looks like 010 maybe a rebuild with 010 under bearings or 010 overbore? I would love to see a photo of your bracket. Steve

John Stein

thanks for the info.Iwiil get a pic of the bracket later today.

John Stein

here's a pic of the vita meter bracket so I've been told.

Jim Bollman

Might be a different style Vita tank bracket. Here are pictures of one from an ad and one on a Super Sports at the Nationals. Also shows two different style Vitameter.

On Dec 12, 2019, at 4:49 PM, John Stein <johnkstein@...> wrote:

here's a pic of the vita meter bracket so I've been told.
<20191211_104520.jpg>

Steve Olinger

Thanks for the photo. I think that it is the original bracket less the strap that holds the tank on. That is the same spot and bolt positions as mine. Steve

Jim Bollman

Could be, I only see one mounting screw on the top edge in the second photo and yours has two. Could have been a running change, 2 looks better for a secure mount that wouldn't flex and break.