Topics

1951 Farm O Road saved from extinction

jeff

Thanks everyone for your help in saving FOR 254 from the scrapper.  Found it in San Antonio a few years ago rusting outside.  Now runs great with 30 pounds oil pressure at idle ( per the original gage).  Still need to hook up the turn signal switch.
I am also looking for two items; a rear taillight assembly, and a spare tire mount.  New or used works for me. The Crosley vendors do not have these items.  Thanks again,
Jeff in West Sacramento

Spock Arnold

Both of those items can be made.  Perhaps if you talk to a few people who have recently restored one you may be able to persuade one of them to make you what you need.  And if you find someone to make the taillight panel, get 2 .  I'm going to need one for a future restoration.

On May 7, 2020 8:45 PM, jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:
Thanks everyone for your help in saving FOR 254 from the scrapper.  Found it in San Antonio a few years ago rusting outside.  Now runs great with 30 pounds oil pressure at idle ( per the original gage).  Still need to hook up the turn signal switch.
I am also looking for two items; a rear taillight assembly, and a spare tire mount.  New or used works for me. The Crosley vendors do not have these items.  Thanks again,
Jeff in West Sacramento

Jim Bollman

I never actually measured them, but I am pretty sure the tire mount is the same as the Hotshot and Super Sport if you can find one of those. The tail light assembly has been reproduced by a couple of people, one has passed away and I can’t remember the other but maybe one will popup.

Jim...

On May 7, 2020, at 8:45 PM, jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:

Thanks everyone for your help in saving FOR 254 from the scrapper.  Found it in San Antonio a few years ago rusting outside.  Now runs great with 30 pounds oil pressure at idle ( per the original gage).  Still need to hook up the turn signal switch.
I am also looking for two items; a rear taillight assembly, and a spare tire mount.  New or used works for me. The Crosley vendors do not have these items.  Thanks again,
Jeff in West Sacramento

<20200507_165754.jpg><20190801_104248.jpg><20200507_165739.jpg>

crosleyshortsport

Jeff,  I think Ted from Yankee Crosley parts has made the spare tire mount. You can purchase a '50 Ford  turn signal switch. It will fit in the slot.

On Thu, May 7, 2020, 9:41 PM Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:
[...]

ldrmercuryman@...

the 1955-57 thunderbird turn signal switch is the one that is like the Crosley switch.

[...]

Steve Olinger

I have used the Ford turn signal switches, the only problem is they won't lock in position you have to hold them. If you are lucky enough to have an original switch you can transfer parts to make it lock in position but you have to be very careful as the metal tabs are very soft.
Steve

jeff

Thanks to David Edwards who gave me the measurements to make my own tail light bracket.

Spock Arnold

Make extras Jeff.  There are several of us that need one

On Jun 12, 2020 4:55 PM, jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:
Thanks to David Edwards who gave me the measurements to make my own tail light bracket.

jeff

Thanks, David can send you the dimensions.   I need to move on to my next Crosley project,  a Hotshot.

Sent from my jphone

Make extras Jeff.  There are several of us that need one

On Jun 12, 2020 4:55 PM, jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:
Thanks to David Edwards who gave me the measurements to make my own tail light bracket.

Spock Arnold

Ok thanks.  I just finished my 3rd roadster.  I have now restored all 3 models

On Jun 12, 2020 9:25 PM, jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:
Thanks, David can send you the dimensions.   I need to move on to my next Crosley project,  a Hotshot.

Sent from my jphone

Make extras Jeff.  There are several of us that need one

On Jun 12, 2020 4:55 PM, jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:
Thanks to David Edwards who gave me the measurements to make my own tail light bracket.

Spock Arnold

Wow, dont let anyone see that gasporter!! That us a great piece!! I'd love to restore one!!

On Jun 12, 2020 9:25 PM, jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:
Thanks, David can send you the dimensions.   I need to move on to my next Crosley project,  a Hotshot.

Sent from my jphone

Make extras Jeff.  There are several of us that need one

On Jun 12, 2020 4:55 PM, jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:
Thanks to David Edwards who gave me the measurements to make my own tail light bracket.

jeff

The Gasporter gets restored after the Hotshot.   Found it in Big Bear Lake airport.

Sent from my jphone