1950 HOTSHOT

Jim Liberty

I have a, new to me 1950 HOTSHOT. It has (4) wheel disc brakes. There is an emergency brake "T" pull under the dash, to the right of the steering wheel. However there are no fitments under the car. Does this car get an emergency brake set up ???        ...........Jim.

crosleyshortsport

Yes, a cable runs off the end of that t- handle and then actuates a metal lever/bar, near the back of the transmission, then would have a cable and adjuster "horshoe" running the cable to both rear brakes.

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021, 4:15 PM Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:
I have a, new to me 1950 HOTSHOT. It has (4) wheel disc brakes. There is an emergency brake "T" pull under the dash, to the right of the steering wheel. However there are no fitments under the car. Does this car get an emergency brake set up ???        ...........Jim.

Jim Liberty

Picture or sketch please. I see no connections on the rear brakes.    .....Jim.

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 2:22 PM crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:
Yes, a cable runs off the end of that t- handle and then actuates a metal lever/bar, near the back of the transmission, then would have a cable and adjuster "horshoe" running the cable to both rear brakes.

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021, 4:15 PM Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:
I have a, new to me 1950 HOTSHOT. It has (4) wheel disc brakes. There is an emergency brake "T" pull under the dash, to the right of the steering wheel. However there are no fitments under the car. Does this car get an emergency brake set up ???        ...........Jim.

Jim Bollman

Not sure these pictures will help much. They are in the  in the restoration folder of the message board photo section.

Photo is a little confusing because it shows several E brake changes, less confusing in person. These brake displays are shown at Nationals every year.

Maybe somebody with an actual car installation will crawl under and snap some photos.

Jim...

On Apr 25, 2021, at 5:33 PM, Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:

Picture or sketch please. I see no connections on the rear brakes.    .....Jim.

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 2:22 PM crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:
Yes, a cable runs off the end of that t- handle and then actuates a metal lever/bar, near the back of the transmission, then would have a cable and adjuster "horshoe" running the cable to both rear brakes.

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021, 4:15 PM Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:
I have a, new to me 1950 HOTSHOT. It has (4) wheel disc brakes. There is an emergency brake "T" pull under the dash, to the right of the steering wheel. However there are no fitments under the car. Does this car get an emergency brake set up ???        ...........Jim.

Jim Liberty

Jim, I'm missing everything but the "T" piece in the back and the pull handle. Do you have any extra stuff. I can't see how the calipers get activated. None of those parts either.   .....Jim.

PS. The pictures are GREAT, thanks so much.

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 2:59 PM Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:
[...]

Sorry no extra parts. Try our vendor list. The top 3 on the list have a lot of parts that are not on their parts list.

JIm...