Topics

1949-up sedan title needed

John Byers

Have a Crosley sedan hot rod project, looking for a '49-up sedan title.
Thanks, John

crosleyshortsport

John,   We would love to see that fine Hot Rod at the Crosley Automobile Club REUNION 2021 "Together Again" National Meet. July 5-10 Fulton County Fairgrounds, Wauseon, Ohio. Butch Williams can help with your title. pm me if you need his info. He is in the roster.    Jeffrey

On Fri, Oct 9, 2020, 8:09 PM <jbracing62@...> wrote:
Have a Crosley sedan hot rod project, looking for a '49-up sedan title.
Thanks, John

Robert LewisJr

I have a clear Maryland title, for a 1952 Crosley, I bought a 1948 Crosley from a man that was on eBay, the id number is for a cc, where a 49 thru 52 is a CD, this probably might not matter to you being that you are building a hotrod or a rat rod

On Sat, Oct 10, 2020, 8:11 AM crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:
John,   We would love to see that fine Hot Rod at the Crosley Automobile Club REUNION 2021 "Together Again" National Meet. July 5-10 Fulton County Fairgrounds, Wauseon, Ohio. Butch Williams can help with your title. pm me if you need his info. He is in the roster.    Jeffrey

On Fri, Oct 9, 2020, 8:09 PM <jbracing62@...> wrote:
Have a Crosley sedan hot rod project, looking for a '49-up sedan title.
Thanks, John

John Byers

Jeffrey, Thanks for the invite, but it has a long way to go yet. I didn't see Butch Williams in the directory, could you send me his contact info?
Thanks, John

John Byers

Robert, So the '52 title has a serial # that starts with CC?
Thanks, John

Robert LewisJr

The title starts with cc

Robert, So the '52 title has a serial # that starts with CC?
Thanks, John

L.E. Hardee

Somewhere in the past, some DMV didn't know anything about Crosley vin sequences and issued an erroneous title.  I have a fire truck that is titled as a 1949 but is a 48 CC body and vin.  However it was bought by Oakland Amusments as a new incomplete vehicle and modified before being sold as an amusement ride.  I am surmising that it was actually 1949 before they had it ready for sale and as a manufacturer correctly sold it as a 1949 but retained the Crosley vin plate.

The title starts with cc