1948 Pick-Up Emblems

Michael Braun

What hardware should be used to mount the front and rear Crosley T emblems.
Thanks
Mike Braun

crosleyshortsport

Michael,  The original crosses would have threaded post and use tiny washers and nuts (not sure of the exact size) to hold them tight. Some re-makes will have non-threaded post, those will use what I call a flat push on nut or a speed nut. You will need to experiment with the size.  Jeffrey

On Thu, May 27, 2021, 12:21 PM Michael Braun <mwbraun@...> wrote:
What hardware should be used to mount the front and rear Crosley T emblems.
Thanks
Mike Braun

Kenn Cahill

My 48 wagon rear emblem was attached with small slotted flat-headed brass screes with a lock washer and small brass hex nut. They looked original. It would probably look better to use chrome or stainless.

Jim Bollman

I have seen T emblems with holes for small flat head screws and straight studs for push nuts, never saw threaded studs. Not sure if it was just a matter of what supplier they used or one style is older than the other.

Jim...