Topics

1947 Pick Up Rear Splash Pan

Michael Braun

I am trying to install the rear splash pan on my 47 Pick Up. Nothing is lining up.  I posted pictures in the Restoration Help section.  Do I have the right part?  Any help is appreciated.
Mike Braun
30-270-4703

Tim Hamblen

OK, you do know it goes under the tailgate hinge right ? Between the floor and that cross member on the frame .

Michael Braun

I would have thought the pan would have been predrilled for the hinge bolts?

Butch

Mike,

Had they been pre-drilled, there is a better than even chance, the holes would NOT have lined up on YOUR car.

Between Crosley "tolerances" (which in all honesty, were not that bad for the period), the age and unknown history of the car and prior modification, damage and repairs, there is always some "customizing" involved.

Butch