Topics

1946 CC coupe

davidm149@...

Hi

New to Crosley. Is there info on how to
awaken a Crosley 1946 CC cast iron engine. Was restored 10 years ago
and ran and drove and then was stored inside.
Prevoius owner states they put aviation fuel in tank so it should be just fine.
Thanks in advance for help. Dave

crosleyshortsport

Welcome to the world of Crosley !  I would start by pulling the spark plugs and spraying a good amount of penetrating oil in the cylinders. Let it sit for a couple days. Put the plugs back. Also if ANY fuel sits that long, Drain it. Flush with a bit of new fuel. Non-ethynol is best. Put a gallon in the tank. Pull the air cleaner and spray a good bit of carb and choke cleaner into the carb. Be sure you have a charger on the battery and start cranking. I would use my hand to choke it. This way you can control the air flow into the carb. You may have a selonoid switch with a "button" under it. If so, this is your hand switch to the starter, much easier than reaching in to start with your right hand, and trying to reach the carb with your left.  Keep us informed as to how you make out. Put some pictures on also. As vice president of the club, I would encourage you to join the Crosley Automobile Club. Take a look at our official website for details. We are here for you !
Jeffrey