Topics

18 Wheeler is getting Air Conditioning

Hello all, I am installing a under dash A/C unit in the Crosley  18 wheeler. It is TOO hot in the cab here in Florida to drive it this time of year. Even with the vents and windows open, the temperature is about 100+ inside  when it is 90 outside, even with 2 layers of heat resistant silver floor mat.  I have insulated the the side panels, floor, firewall and floor. It helped a bit but the little Chevy engine and the 2" exhaust pipes put out a lot of heat.  I am going back to Philly next week so the install will begin when I get back to Florida in mid June. Here is a link to see the 7 mock up photos on my web site.
http://www.crosleygarage.com/-latest-photos-.html
Frank Pinto
St.Pete ,Florida.

A50CROSLEYTRK@...

I like it.   Been there  Done that with the A/C in Crosley powered truck.

In a message dated 6/1/2017 5:55:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, frank@... writes:
Hello all, I am installing a under dash A/C unit in the Crosley  18 wheeler. It is TOO hot in the cab here in Florida to drive it this time of year. Even with the vents and windows open, the temperature is about 100+ inside  when it is 90 outside, even with 2 layers of heat resistant silver floor mat.  I have insulated the the side panels, floor, firewall and floor. It helped a bit but the little Chevy engine and the 2" exhaust pipes put out a lot of heat.  I am going back to Philly next week so the install will begin when I get back to Florida in mid June. Here is a link to see the 7 mock up photos on my web site.
http://www.crosleygarage.com/-latest-photos-.html
Frank Pinto
St.Pete ,Florida.

crosleyshortsport

Cool Frank !  Bring that beast to the national meet ! I want to drive it !