Topics

18 wheeler air conditioner installation almost finished.

Hello, The progress is going very well on the a/c installation. Everything is finished except for the compressor. The compressor location is in the same space as the tube for the steering column. To fix this problem I need to move up the bracket that bolts to the block 2.5" for the proper clearance. I have a bracket from an old shifter, but I need 2. My friend Jimmy in Maryland is making one and will mail it to me today June 22nd, 2017. My goal is to have the bracket by Tuesday next week and have the system charged by weeks end. I have  posted new photos on my " latest photo" tab on my web site of the progress up to yesterday. www.crosleygarage.com
Frank Pinto

crosleyshortsport

Frank, Will you be at the national meet ? If so, I would like a ride in an air-conditioned Crosley !!
  Jeffrey

On Jun 22, 2017 9:17 AM, "Frank" <frank@...> wrote:
Hello, The progress is going very well on the a/c installation. Everything is finished except for the compressor. The compressor location is in the same space as the tube for the steering column. To fix this problem I need to move up the bracket that bolts to the block 2.5" for the proper clearance. I have a bracket from an old shifter, but I need 2. My friend Jimmy in Maryland is making one and will mail it to me today June 22nd, 2017. My goal is to have the bracket by Tuesday next week and have the system charged by weeks end. I have  posted new photos on my " latest photo" tab on my web site of the progress up to yesterday. www.crosleygarage.com
Frank Pinto

Roy McLaurin

I supposed you have done this before  on other vehicles.   The size of the condenser matter's and a  cooling fan on it.   I had this problem on a 55 chevy I built.     Where are you getting 12 volts from?

Edited

Hello, Sorry I can not attend the National event. The cost to bring the truck fron St.Pete Florida to Ohio and back is cost prohibited for me. I did price it out and to have it move there and it is 3000.00 round trip on a 25' trailer. The truck cab alone would be 1500.00 round trip. I could tow it ( the cab, no trailer) but it is 2 days driving there and 2 days back. It is about 1100 miles and a week rental on a trailer etc. If anyone is planing a trip to the Tampa-St.Pete area let me know. On thursday and friday night there are 2 great cruise ins here and we can go for a ride. 3rd Saturday of the month in July it will be at Cars and Coffe at the duPont registry is St.Petersburg, florida. ( 6 to 8 am unofficially). Also about the A/C unit. I purchased all of the equipment for Cold Master supplies a/c unit primeraly for bus, ambulances and truck roof tops.  The are located in Florida,Mexico,Venezuela and Ecuador. The way I have the condenser mount with 2" of clearance from the body and a shroud to pull all of the (not push) the air will be fine. They are in 4 countries. www.coldmasterinc.com or their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/coldmasterinc/
Frank

Roy McLaurin

Where are you getting 12 volts from or does the compressor and fan run on 6 volts?