Topics

145/80R12 Tires revisited

Bill

There was a discussion about this size a week ago or so.
I was  at a friend of mines auto salvage yard yesterday[SAT]and the tire guy=Marcos-comes running up to me and says= I have present for you. Those 145/80R12's you were looking for came in on a Cheapo GEO-apparently the better??? GEO has 13's. and there like brand new. He pulled them for me so nobody else would get them. Anyway they are the right size for Crosleys. There the same diameter and being 80 series= skinny enough as the 400/4:80x12's on my 1947 CC Woodie Wagon.

Bob Hickman

Crosley built its last wood station wagon during the pre war years. The cc wagon did have wood grain decals in the panels. Some restorers put thin wood in the panels.

Bob Hickman

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2018 6:09 AM
Subject: [Crosley-Gang] 145/80R12 Tires revisited

I was  at a friend of mines auto salvage yard yesterday[SAT]and the tire guy=Marcos-comes running up to me and says= I have present for you. Those 145/80R12's you were looking for came in on a Cheapo GEO-apparently the better??? GEO has 13's. and there like brand new. He pulled them for me so nobody else would get them. Anyway they are the right size for Crosleys. There the same diameter and being 80 series= skinny enough as the 400/4:80x12's on my 1947 CC Woodie Wagon.

Jim Bollman

Bob, The woody Bill has was made by Canell Enterprises Jersey City, NJ. They made woody wagons out of open Jeeps and Crosley pickups. Here is an old photo.

Jim...

On Apr 29, 2018, at 11:10 AM, Bob Hickman <bobhofaz@...> wrote:

Crosley built its last wood station wagon during the pre war years. The cc wagon did have wood grain decals in the panels. Some restorers put thin wood in the panels. 

Bob Hickman
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2018 6:09 AM
Subject: [Crosley-Gang] 145/80R12 Tires revisited

Spock Arnold

Does anyone have any pictures of or ideas about a Farm O Road woody?  I have one to restore that dies not have a bed.   I'm going to restore it as a FOR 1 with a removable bed .  

On Apr 29, 2018 1:41 PM, Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:
Bob, The woody Bill has was made by Canell Enterprises Jersey City, NJ. They made woody wagons out of open Jeeps and Crosley pickups. Here is an old photo.

Jim...

Bob Hickman

Gary

Dunlop 450l-12’s fit the little Crosley rims, too. Cheaper to get them from England (Longstone tyres).

Gary McFarlane

On Apr 29, 2018, at 8:09 AM, Bill via Groups.Io <checkerthree@...> wrote:

Bob Hickman

thanks Jim, Its good to know this.

Bob Hickman

Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2018 10:41 AM
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] 145/80R12 Tires revisited

Jim...

Bob Hickman

Attachments: