Topics

12 volt conversion

Ken Acheson

Has anyone do a 12 volt conversion on 47 CC what is needed to do this

David Reina

I did this on a 51 Super Sport. I don't think the process is any different on the 47. I exchanged my six volt generator and voltage regulator with Service Motors for 12 volt pieces. The kit also included something that went on the back of one of the gauges. I think it went on the fuel gauge. Last thing to do was polarize the generator which just meant touching a wire for a second between a point on the generator wiring and one of the contacts on the regulator. And of course the light bulbs all need to be changed to 12 volt bulbs. I forget but the bulbs may be part of the conversion kit.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 3, 2017, at 11:34 AM, Ken Acheson <jesse@...> wrote:

Has anyone do a 12 volt conversion on 47 CC what is needed to do this

PATRICIA GRITTI

Hi
If you want 12 volts for availability of batteries light bulbs etc the Service Motors conversion is good. In my case I wanted to use a modern AM/FM radio. There are plenty of 6 volt pos ground to 12 volt neg ground cubes available in Ebay, Amazon and auto supply chains. The cubes have power to run a radio or even a CB. They are real easy to wire & only cost +- $10.
Don