Date   
Re: Trailer tie down locations

Spock Arnold
 

Correct , just remember you have a 12 foot car and a 14 foot trailer.  You dont have a lot of extra room.  The tie downs need to be placed with that in mind. 

On Jun 26, 2019 10:45 PM, Tom Gerhard <tom@...> wrote:
Big week here -- getting my (formerly my Dad's) '51 Super Sports back from Ted Dellacamera next week after many years in Dad's and then my garage.   Planning to celebrate with a new 7x14 enclosed trailer.   The dealer will install 4 D rings in the trailer for tie downs -- are there any guidance on where to put them?  I assume they would typically be near the front and rear and a bit inboard from the edges.

Re: First post of my Crosley

Dennis Terdy
 

Andy,
Beautiful wagon and color. Love it!
Dennis

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 12:44 AM Andy Farley <farleya1@...> wrote:
Cruise night at Mel's Diner, Auburn, California. Sorry, most of the other cars were gone by the time I got around to taking a pic.

Attachments:



--
Dennis Terdy

Re: Large Fan?

parkhunter@...
 

Four blade fans are typically used on parade vehicles that spend most of their time idling. When driving, more airflow comes from traveling at speed than the fan produces. As others have mentioned, it is probably more critical to install the cardboard air dams around the radiator, which ensure all that fresh cool 45-mph air goes through the radiator instead of around it. 

Park

Re: Trailer tie down locations

Dennis Wilkinson
 

Hi: I would love to know more about these frame mount tie downs! Is there a place online that I can see what they are? Sounds like something I could use. Thanks: Dennis

 

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io <Crosley-Gang@groups.io> On Behalf Of crosleyshortsport
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 9:53 PM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] Trailer tie down locations

 

You are correct on the location. While Ted has the car, have him install the frame mount tie down parts for you. He has them for sale, and you will be glad you have them. 

 

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019, 10:45 PM Tom Gerhard <tom@...> wrote:

Big week here -- getting my (formerly my Dad's) '51 Super Sports back from Ted Dellacamera next week after many years in Dad's and then my garage.   Planning to celebrate with a new 7x14 enclosed trailer.   The dealer will install 4 D rings in the trailer for tie downs -- are there any guidance on where to put them?  I assume they would typically be near the front and rear and a bit inboard from the edges.

Re: Trailer tie down locations

Barry Smedley
 

Yankee Crosley

 

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io [mailto:Crosley-Gang@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dennis Wilkinson
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2019 11:03 AM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] Trailer tie down locations

 

Hi: I would love to know more about these frame mount tie downs! Is there a place online that I can see what they are? Sounds like something I could use. Thanks: Dennis

 

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io <Crosley-Gang@groups.io> On Behalf Of crosleyshortsport
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 9:53 PM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] Trailer tie down locations

 

You are correct on the location. While Ted has the car, have him install the frame mount tie down parts for you. He has them for sale, and you will be glad you have them. 

 

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019, 10:45 PM Tom Gerhard <tom@...> wrote:

Big week here -- getting my (formerly my Dad's) '51 Super Sports back from Ted Dellacamera next week after many years in Dad's and then my garage.   Planning to celebrate with a new 7x14 enclosed trailer.   The dealer will install 4 D rings in the trailer for tie downs -- are there any guidance on where to put them?  I assume they would typically be near the front and rear and a bit inboard from the edges.

This message contains confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) named above. Any review, disclosure, distribution, copying or use of the information by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by immediate reply and delete the original message. (English) Ce message contient des informations confidentielles destinées uniquement à l'usage du(des) destinataire(s) nommé(s) ci-dessus. Toute consultation, distribution, copie et utilisation du contenu de ce message est strictement prohibée. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, SVP avisez l'expéditeur par réponse immédiate et effacez le message original. (French)

Re: Trailer tie down locations

L.E. Hardee
 

When I was in a situation where the space for tie downs was too short for the ratchet to fit (ie. 12' car in 14' trailer), I have run the straps from the front of the car to the rear trailer tie down and the straps from the rear of the car to front trailer tie down. 


On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 11:13 AM Barry Smedley <BSmedley@...> wrote:

Yankee Crosley

 

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io [mailto:Crosley-Gang@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dennis Wilkinson
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2019 11:03 AM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] Trailer tie down locations

 

Hi: I would love to know more about these frame mount tie downs! Is there a place online that I can see what they are? Sounds like something I could use. Thanks: Dennis

 

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io <Crosley-Gang@groups.io> On Behalf Of crosleyshortsport
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 9:53 PM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] Trailer tie down locations

 

You are correct on the location. While Ted has the car, have him install the frame mount tie down parts for you. He has them for sale, and you will be glad you have them. 

 

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019, 10:45 PM Tom Gerhard <tom@...> wrote:

Big week here -- getting my (formerly my Dad's) '51 Super Sports back from Ted Dellacamera next week after many years in Dad's and then my garage.   Planning to celebrate with a new 7x14 enclosed trailer.   The dealer will install 4 D rings in the trailer for tie downs -- are there any guidance on where to put them?  I assume they would typically be near the front and rear and a bit inboard from the edges.

This message contains confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) named above. Any review, disclosure, distribution, copying or use of the information by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by immediate reply and delete the original message. (English) Ce message contient des informations confidentielles destinées uniquement à l'usage du(des) destinataire(s) nommé(s) ci-dessus. Toute consultation, distribution, copie et utilisation du contenu de ce message est strictement prohibée. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, SVP avisez l'expéditeur par réponse immédiate et effacez le message original. (French)

Re: Trailer tie down locations

Jim Bollman
 

If you want the trailer for more general hauling/flexibility consider having E-Track installed front to back then you can put anchors where you need them and haul multiple things tied down. Cost a lot more than 4 D rings but handy. Besides 4 tie down hoops I have the E-Track finings to drop a 2X6 or 2X4 in so I can block the tires front and back.

On Jun 26, 2019, at 10:45 PM, Tom Gerhard <tom@...> wrote:

Big week here -- getting my (formerly my Dad's) '51 Super Sports back from Ted Dellacamera next week after many years in Dad's and then my garage.   Planning to celebrate with a new 7x14 enclosed trailer.   The dealer will install 4 D rings in the trailer for tie downs -- are there any guidance on where to put them?  I assume they would typically be near the front and rear and a bit inboard from the edges.

Re: Trailer tie down locations

Tom Gerhard
 

Thanks all.   For now, the trailer will only be used for the Crosley, but I will look into doing E-Track as some point; I like the idea of a 2x4 to block the tires; in the short term, I may screw one to the floor in front.
I'll ask Ted to make sure to add the tie down parts.

pre war convertible top needed for 39 convertible coupe

packardbakerbob@...
 

Looking for a supplier for a 39 convertible coupe convertible top. A few years back someone in Pennsylvania advertised in the Crosley Quarterly they had them, If anyone knows who this is or any other sources of one please contact me. location Delaware. Please use my Email.I am not great w/ computers. thank you Bob packardbakerbob@...

Re: pre war convertible top needed for 39 convertible coupe

Spock Arnold
 

Fixitall in Hamburg pa. can make them with a pattern.   I think he is coming to Wauseon. 

On Jun 28, 2019 4:02 PM, packardbakerbob@... wrote:
Looking for a supplier for a 39 convertible coupe convertible top. A few years back someone in Pennsylvania advertised in the Crosley Quarterly they had them, If anyone knows who this is or any other sources of one please contact me. location Delaware. Please use my Email.I am not great w/ computers. thank you Bob packardbakerbob@...

Re: pre war convertible top needed for 39 convertible coupe

L.E. Hardee
 

What about the guy in North Dakota?  Midwest Interiors?  I think he has the patterns for the prewars.


On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 7:52 PM Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Fixitall in Hamburg pa. can make them with a pattern.   I think he is coming to Wauseon. 

On Jun 28, 2019 4:02 PM, packardbakerbob@... wrote:
Looking for a supplier for a 39 convertible coupe convertible top. A few years back someone in Pennsylvania advertised in the Crosley Quarterly they had them, If anyone knows who this is or any other sources of one please contact me. location Delaware. Please use my Email.I am not great w/ computers. thank you Bob packardbakerbob@...

Super Sports doors for sale

dalef62
 

I have a set of Super Sports doors for sale that I could bring to Wauseon if anyone is interested.  Also I think I have rear doors for a wagon.  Might have other things too...  Let me know if you need anything.  

Re: Super Sports doors for sale

crosleyshortsport
 

Anything Crosley you want to sell, You should absolutely bring to Wauseon. If you only have a few parts, use the parts post to sell them. There is going to be more people at this meet than we have ever seen.


On Sat, Jun 29, 2019, 7:37 PM dalef62 <kimndale97@...> wrote:
I have a set of Super Sports doors for sale that I could bring to Wauseon if anyone is interested.  Also I think I have rear doors for a wagon.  Might have other things too...  Let me know if you need anything.  

Re: Super Sports doors for sale

Rapkathy@...
 

I would be interested in a FOR PTO shift lever.
Denny.  Aka FR120

Re: Super Sports doors for sale

Rapkathy@...
 

I am looking for a FOR PTO shift lever
Denny aka FR 120

Re: Starter questions

Andy Farley
 

I got Farmall Bendix and put it in. Works perfectly. No more grinding when I start my 48 wagon 

Re: Starter questions

Jim Bollman
 

Do you have a part number or model/year of Farmall?

On Jun 30, 2019, at 3:33 PM, Andy Farley <farleya1@...> wrote:

I got Farmall Bendix and put it in. Works perfectly. No more grinding when I start my 48 wagon 

Re: Super Sports doors for sale

dalef62
 
Edited

Which shift lever do you need?  I have made both the PTO in/out lever and the hi/lo shifter lever.  I will be bringing a set for President Dave that I made, maybe you can trace the one you need and have it made?  Not real hard.

Re: pre war convertible top needed for 39 convertible coupe

Plandersen
 

Mine isn’t a pre-war but he did all the interior and top for my 48 Crosley.  I could not be happier.  Look on eBay for Crosley seat covers.  Pretty slow but it was worth the wait.

Kent Andersen, YVIAA District Director
PO Box 364
Royal City, WA  99357

Phone 509-346-1500
Fax 509-346-1540
Cell 509-760-5881
Email pkandersen@...





On Jun 28, 2019, at 5:07 PM, L.E. Hardee <hftsales@...> wrote:

What about the guy in North Dakota?  Midwest Interiors?  I think he has the patterns for the prewars.

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 7:52 PM Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Fixitall in Hamburg pa. can make them with a pattern.   I think he is coming to Wauseon. 

On Jun 28, 2019 4:02 PM, packardbakerbob@... wrote:
Looking for a supplier for a 39 convertible coupe convertible top. A few years back someone in Pennsylvania advertised in the Crosley Quarterly they had them, If anyone knows who this is or any other sources of one please contact me. location Delaware. Please use my Email.I am not great w/ computers. thank you Bob packardbakerbob@...




Re: pre war convertible top needed for 39 convertible coupe

Plandersen
 

Jerry Erickson his email is crosleypuman@...

Kent Andersen, YVIAA District Director
PO Box 364
Royal City, WA  99357

Phone 509-346-1500
Fax 509-346-1540
Cell 509-760-5881
Email pkandersen@...





On Jun 28, 2019, at 5:07 PM, L.E. Hardee <hftsales@...> wrote:

What about the guy in North Dakota?  Midwest Interiors?  I think he has the patterns for the prewars.

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 7:52 PM Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Fixitall in Hamburg pa. can make them with a pattern.   I think he is coming to Wauseon. 

On Jun 28, 2019 4:02 PM, packardbakerbob@... wrote:
Looking for a supplier for a 39 convertible coupe convertible top. A few years back someone in Pennsylvania advertised in the Crosley Quarterly they had them, If anyone knows who this is or any other sources of one please contact me. location Delaware. Please use my Email.I am not great w/ computers. thank you Bob packardbakerbob@...